October Favorites

With just three days until the end of the month, I decided to post this blog up now. I used to do this a year or two ago, but then life got in the way. Amidst my procrastination of schoolwork, I've decided to give this a go again. So, without further ado, here is a list of my favorite for the month.

Makeup/beauty products: To most people who truly know me, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I'm a bit of a makeup/beauty addict. It's kind of a problem to be honest, as I spend quite the pretty penny on cosmetics and other things of the like. It also shouldn't be a surprise though, getting back on track, that I have quite a few beauty favorites for this month. I'm going to limit myself to five or else I might be here typing this blog up forever.

1. Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
This is their collab with Jaclyn Hill who I absolutely adore. I was somewhat hesitant to buy this product at first, partially because of the price, and partially because I'm pale as fuck and I wasn't sure how it would look on me. One of the girls in my local Sephora convinced me to get it though, and I'm so glad that she did. It's such a gorgeous highlight and I'm pretty sure it would look equally as gorgeous on all different complexions and skin types. 10/10 would recommend.

2. Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita
I have developed quite the obsession with liquid lipsticks as of late. They're just so long lasting and I love the fact that I only need to reapply when I eat something oily or greasy. This shade is beautiful. It's bae. It's a perfect dusty rose color and I think it's perfect for fall.

3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood
I'm in love. This is the perfect pinky-nude color. I was hesitant in getting this shade at first, again pale complexion and I wasn't sure if it would wash me out too much, but I'm so glad that I finally did. The formula is amazing, it's super long-lasting. I love it.

4. Mac Single Shadow in Coppering
I've gotten so many compliments wearing this shade. It's a perfect color for this time of year and can be used to create numerous different eye looks. Personally, I like to put matte shades in the crease and a shimmery shade like this on the lid. With a little liquid liner and some mascara, I'm pretty much good to go.

5. Kat Von D Beauty Tattoo Liner
This is my go to eyeliner. I use it every single day. Personally, I prefer pen liners over gel or regular liquid liners. I find them easier to use and almost fool-proof. This is one of the blackest liners I have, I hate when my eyeliner looks sheer over an eyeshadow, and this seems to do the trick.

Movies/TV Shows:
All of my favorite shows have finally started back up, and I now have something to keep myself occupied once again. I honestly think this is one of my reasons for loving this time of year, haha. Here are a few of my favorites for this month, both old and new, in terms of TV shows and movies.

1. Once Upon A Time
This show is one of my favorite shows of all time. I love Disney and fairytales so that's kind of to be expected, but still. I adore this show. This season is kind of killing me though, if I'm being completely honest. Killing me with feels that is. I can't handle all of the Captain Swan feels. I'm not prepared at all for the pain I am certain I will endure.

2. The Flash
I'm more of a Marvel girl than a DC girl, however Barry Allen is an adorable little nerd who I love to bits. Plus, I mean, HELLO the cliffhanger last season? Of course I'm watching this show again this year!

3. Crimson Peak
Just saw this movie this past weekend with my friend, and while it wasn't anything like I was expecting, I absolutely loved it. Yes, it was very twisted and kind of screwed up, but I don't think I'll ever not love a movie with such an amazing cast as this one. I'm actually looking to get a bootleg copy of it to watch on Halloween with some friends with this weekend, haha.

4. Corpse Bride
This is, and will always be, my favorite Tim Burton film ever. I'm so glad that they've added it to Netflix so I can watch it pretty much whenever I want now!

5. Hocus Pocus
One of my favorite movies of all time. I watch this nonstop this time of year every year, and I sometimes watch it when it's not spoopy time too, haha.

Music:

1. Halsey's Bad Lands
I've become some Halsey trash. Yes, I know I'm late to the game, but shhh, let me be. I love this album and it's one of the few things I've been listening to as of late.

2. Bring Me The Horizon's That's The Spirit
This album blew me away. I loved Sempiternal, and I was convinced that there was no way for them to top it, but clearly I was wrong, because they have. When I'm not listening to Bad Lands or some spoopy Halloween mix, I'm listening to this, rest assured.

So, that's it for this month! Hopefully I can keep up with this, although next semester is going to kick my ass a great deal so I'm not sure, but I shall try!
October 28th, 2015 at 08:25pm