The Theory That Never Should've Been: Reflection of My Recent Texts From the Ex

In the spring of 2015, I was absolutely dying to learn something. Learn anything, seriously. Due to depression, general laziness, and probably more excuses than I need to remember while I'm healing, I became stagnant. So, here's the general back story: I met someone. He was hot. I'm still extremely hot. I, as a human being, with thoughts in my head, goals in front of me, and places to go, was completely out of his league.

I asked a mutual friend about what he thought about my then boyfriend, and what he started with was this: "Well, he's not a total sociopath..."

No disrespect to actual diagnosed sociopaths (because frankly you guys get a bad wrap for chemistry no one on Earth can control). But my then boyfriend was an actual fucking lunatic and I had no idea until it blew up in my face.

Although there were clues. But he was amazing at first. So I chose to ignore them.

He cheated on me three times (that I know of). He stole my shit. He manipulated me. He isolated me.

I mean, in a way, I let it happen. I just wanted something so impossible. Passion and dedication. I'm an extremely mushy, sentimental person who has an enormous heart. In reality, it was such an easy picking that I break out laughing every time I think about it.

But so, anyway, I was out thrift shopping with my dad today. I haven't seen him in a couple months; I just moved out and he's retired and couldn't drive out. I get a call from an unknown number at about 3:35 pm.

I pick up, and it's him.

We had a bank account.

He wanted 'his' money.

But his 'work' overdrew it.

I said I had money and that we could close the account and that would be that. Peace out. Bye.

He texts me with his usual shit an hour later, calling me a liar. The account got closed because of how much it was overdrawn.

So I'd just like to take a moment and get this out of me:

Call me twice a liar;
that's fine.
For the reason
that I call you
Nothing
is because
I know
of your hundreds.
October 31st, 2015 at 12:28am