Candy Bowl Rec Blog!

Hey y’all. This is a treat featured on my Candy Bowl, where I said I would read your story and then do my best to write a good review of it. I will first say that I enjoyed everything I read and these are all very great stories written by very great writers.

LET US BEGIN.

Mitchum and Me by dawn of light. – Okay first of all, let me just go off on a lil rant on how much I love Sam. She was one of the first people I ever met on here back when we were both writing carrot-y 1D stories, and now look!! Her layouts are beautiful af and her writing is spectacular. There’s nothing posted for this story yet, but it looks super interesting and the layout is just gorgeous, so I have no doubt that she’s got an incredible idea up her sleeve. READ THIS, AS WELL AS EVERYTHING ELSE SAM WRITES BECAUSE SHE IS A QUEEN.

Tuning Heartstrings by arkham knight. – Omg. I’m already subscribed to this story, so let me just sing praise after praise for it. This is such a great Zayn fic. Billie James is an American girl abroad in Bradford, where she meets ya boy ZAYN MALIK. They start off pretty rocky, but hopefully as the story goes on there will be some Zillie in the future. This story is just fab, and Emmalee is a great writer. Billie is so fun and easy to relate to; she’s not a typical perfect fanfic girl, and Zayn is spectacular of course. Subscribe to this. It will bring you much joy.

April Agony by ScarletTheProstitute – Okay, but holy PAINFUL. This is a short lil thing that has been completed, but YIKES it will give you the feels. Seriously. I read it and now I’m missing Zayn and I feel like I need to go put on some Drake. So, if you’re looking to get emo in three chapters or less, read this!!! It’s one of those stories that’ll have you begging for a sequel or just one more chapter. So good. So sad. Just. So. I can’t.

Atlantis Rising by starfire. – THIS IS SO COOL!!!! There’s only 2 chapters up and the first one is a bit of a prologue, but the whole premise for this is just so super interesting. The plot seems very intricate and well-thought out, which is a must in these types of sci-fi stories, because if there’s plot holes or something doesn’t add up, it can ruin everything. I’m so interested to see where this whole thing is going, and the main characters look like they’ll be a #squad, so this is definitely worth a read.

So, those are the candy bowl stories!!! Shout out to these four hella rad authors, I hope you guys are happy with those reviews. I attempted to be serious, but in the end it just de-railed back into the typical Kara style.

While I'm here, let's include some stories from my subscription list. Because why not.

Set Sail by swell. Okay but like????? There is a prequel to this, be warned, which you should MOST DEFFO READ BECAUSE IT IS SPECTACULAR AND FUNNY AND FULL OF FEELS, and I am so excited for this one. Plus, Alex herself is just an absolute queen and her writing is always so hilarious and realistic and yeah do yourselves a favor and sub.

by lovely youth. This hasn't been updated in a bit, but I still love it! Cosima is such a badass character and I love how independent and witty she is. Plus the character of Finn is such a heartthrob, sigh. So yeah, Lou, if you're reading this, UPDATE SOON PLS :-)

Fact of the Day by carousels;. This story got re-vamped recently and it's still just as good as when I first subscribed to it! Violet is such a cute and quirky lil character and Lionel is such a bad-boy-softy and I am just in love with him, sigh. Their friendship/hopefully relationship is soooooo cute and the entire plotline is just great.

Make You Feel My Love by saeglopur. OKAY BUT LET ME JUST SAY HER LAYOUTS ARE ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL AND EVERY TIME I SEE ONE OF HER STORIES I'M LIKE !!!!!!!!!!!WHEN WILL MY LAYOUTS BE THIS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!NEVER!!!!!!!! And secondly the story itself is just great. Hayley and her friends are such relatable characters and I just love. Love love love.

So yeah, there's only 4 extra recs, my subscription list is slacking a tad, so what. Rec me some stories in the comments if you wish.

On a side note, my last ever home football game was on Friday and I am still not sure how to feel about it.

Bye!!!!!!
November 2nd, 2015 at 02:20am