Aubree's NaNo Log

Well guys, it's time for NaNo. I'm just getting into it and haven't started writing yet. First, I'm going to get organized. This blog is basically just so I can keep track of all the links I have to things and so there's a public record of the dares ands stuff I've accepted.

NaNo Profile

SUMMARY

My story is Kings of Krypton. Olive is a 27 year old Phd student living in Toronto, Ontario. One Christmas, Olive picks a homeless man up and takes him back to her apartment in hopes of helping him restart his life. This man turns out to be a none other then a super hero -- one of the Kings of Krypton. After a short romance, Olive is kidnapped by homeland security and the action begins.

INSPIRATION

CHARACTERS

Olive Orion
27 / Student / Goodness
Theme

Paxton Matthews
?? / Nomad / King of Krypton
Theme

Secondary Characters:

Louisa Grey
27/ Medical Student / Honourable

David Brouse
?? / Nomad / King of Krypton

Russell Voz
29 / Engineer / Skeptic

Ian McLeod
53 / Homeland Security / Shield

ACCEPTED DARES

Dare: Include a strong female character (not a femme fatale).
BP if it's a main character.
DBP if she's still incredibly feminine, but a badass.
TBP if she has vulnerable moments and needs to ask for help, somewhat reluctantly.

Dare: Reference a real charity or non-profit in your novel (and include information for readers to find out more at the end of the book)
BP if your character donates to said cause.
DB if the charity/NP is relevant and moves your plot along.
TB if you donate time or money to the cause because of this dare.

Dare: Write in 30 different spots during NaNoWriMo

Dare: Have a beach chapter (If you don't know what I really mean see here: Beach Episode)
BP have a character comment on how unusual it was for them to suddenly forget about everything that was going on and head to the beach.
DP if your character's home is nowhere near the sea what so ever!
TP have your Beach Chapter actually be integral to the plot of your story and not just a stage for shameless fanservice and random shenanigans..

Dare: One of your characters goes searching for his/her old diary in order to check when some event took place.
BP he/she does not find the diary. The character can't believe this since he/she keeps all her old diaries in a locked box or something like that. All the other diaries (or most of them) are still in the box.
DP character realises that he/she imagined the whole event.
TP he/she also imagined the whole time period of which the diary was about.
QuadBP: He/she had been somebody else during the time.
November 3rd, 2015 at 01:03am