I Have a Confession

*Usher voice* These are my confessions...

So Mibba.

It's time for me to come clean.

We all know how obsessed I am with bands and my otps. But there's another obsession that I don't talk about on here as much and I think I should finally tell you all what it is.

I. Fucking. Love. Games.

That's right. I'm a gamer. Super Smash Brothers? I dominated on that shit. Mario Kart? You best believe I put friendships at risk. Halo? I played online a lot. Though I admit, I wasn't really into playing Call of Duty but I knew all the characters, I knew the story, the Easter eggs, all kinds of things about that franchise. I cried when I played The Walking Dead game and The Last of Us got me feeling some typa way. Bioshock was fucking amazing and yes, Five Nights at Freddy's had a pretty cool story. And yeah, I love The Sims. And I watch Let's Plays (if you're wondering Markiplier and Game Grumps are what I watch the most). Basically, I'm a fucking video game nerd and it's great.

Alright so you're probably all "okay aliya we get it you like video games so why the fuck are you telling us this now?" Well for starters, I haven't blogged in forever again and I'm sorry for once again being MIA but also there's been some interesting games that have come out recently and I just have to talk about them.

One of them is Undertale, which my brother and I are currently playing. It's an RPG game that's about a world where humans and monsters once lived together until the humans drove the monsters away to the underground. Then one day a child falls in a hole into the monster world and has to make their way back out. The game really focuses on choice. You either do the No Mercy route and kill everything that approaches you or the Pacifist route where you refuse to fight and instead befriend those you meet. But that's not all, if you finish the game and decide to replay and do a different route, the game remembers the choices you made and they affect your new playthrough. My summary of it really doesn't do it justice. It's not your typical RPG game and I highly recommend you play it. It's on Steam and only $10.

Another game that I'm going to start playing is Life is Strange. This game's episodic like The Walking Dead game, so the choices you make alters the story. It's about a girl named Max who moves back to her hometown after being away for five years and she eventually discovers she has the power to rewind time after witnessing a girl getting shot in the bathroom. Thanks to her rewind powers, Max manages to save her and later finds out that this girl is her old best friend, Chloe. The rewind thing is a nice touch tbh. This comes in handy because if you feel like you made a "wrong" choice, you can rewind and try again but sometimes there's no right or wrong in some of the events. It's a beautiful game with a nice soundtrack. The fifth and final episode of the first season recently came out and I can't wait to start playing it!

The last game I want to talk about is Until Dawn and I've watched Markiplier's playthrough of it. I was so hooked that I watched it all in one day, which was roughly six hours oops. Sadly I can't play it because I don't have PS4 but holy shit I really hope I can play it one day. It's about a group of eight friends who return to a mountain lodge in Canada for their annual retreat a year after two of their friends disappear due to a prank that was supposed to be harmless. While they're on the mountain, they realize that they aren't alone and are faced with a threat that they must survive through until dawn (*~title drop~*) Like the other games, this one focuses on choice. This game talks about the butterfly affect and there's multiple endings. It's up to you to keep everyone alive or you can kill everyone, your choice. Can I just say that the graphics are amazing. The characters are all modeled after their voice actors and they all LOOK SO REAL. It's honestly as if I'm watching a movie but it's also kinda uncanny valley because of how realistic they look so if any of them do end up dying, their deaths are pretty graphic and it's kinda disturbing but still really great. I don't wanna spoil anything else, but I really love Chris and Ashley. If you play this game, PROTECT THOSE TWO AT ALL COST. Actually protect them all, who am I kidding.

Alright, I'm done gushing about these games. I just had to talk about them because they're great. I'm probably gonna make another blog about all the video game related headcanons I thought of but for now I'm gonna just stop now.

In other news, as you know from Kandi's blogs, she and I made a deal that we were going to be characters from The 100 for Halloween. She was Raven and I was Octavia. By the way she fucking slayed as Raven and you all needa bow down to her.

So as promised, here's me as Octavia:

Image

Image

*Halsey voice* Goddamn right, you should be scared of me.

It was really fun doing this costume. I made the shoulder pad from an old bra and used gel eyeliner for the makeup. As for my hair, I just put it in a half updo and braided the hair behind my ears. You can't see it, but they're there. Unfortunately couldn't do the side braids but I think I did a good job.

Anyways, that's all for this blog. I'm gonna play Life is Strange now.

Deuces.
November 5th, 2015 at 07:26am