Just Another Thought

I should be asleep, but I'm not so here we are.

There's this odd comfort that comes with the idea of the space between the moon and the Earth. Something relaxing that reminds me just how small I am and how insignificant my life really is in the long run. I think that this makes a lot of people scared, that it makes them worried that they'll never be remembered with the passing of time. But I think it's a comforting thought: if you don't matter in the end, how bad can you really fuck up?

And besides, all it means is that we're part of something bigger than ourselves.

Whether or not we, as individuals, believe in the afterlife is one thing but there is one small certainty: we all vibrate on the same level. All of us are affected by these electromagnetic waves that radiate around our universe. It's by that that we are a part of everything we see. We're carbon and gold and magnesium and sodium. We're the same thing that makes up coffee tables, nebulae, concrete, trees. There's safety in numbers, no?

It's a fun thought, a relaxing one, too, that we're all a part of this plane of vision. It helps me sleep at night, somewhere between the moon and the Earth.
November 8th, 2015 at 05:07am