My Stories Were Stolen From Me

Well this is a sad day.

My stories Mr. Armstrong and Green-Eyed Monster were stolen from me and posted elsewhere without my permission by someone claiming to have written them. I know this happens daily in the online writing world, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating and hurtful for the real authors. I poured hours and hours of work and dedication into making those stories what they are, developing my own characters and plot, only to have it copied and pasted and put on wattpad. It's disheartening to say the least. I feel awful about it.

I'm 110% against stealing someone's work and claiming it as your own. That is horrid, disgusting behaviour that needs to be taken very seriously, in my opinion, in the online writing world. Why are we even allowed to copy and paste a published story? Clearly we shouldn't be, because some people abuse that and by doing so hurt others. I'm very thankful that a kind person brought it to my attention that someone was posting my work elsewhere claiming it as their own and I took the necessary precautions in confronting the imposter as well as reporting the stories as stolen to the website. Now whether or not that'll have any effect at all is another question. Will the site operators even see my report? And will they do anything at all about it? I offered proof that mine were published and completed years ago, and were not recent. Clearly I'm telling the truth. But will they listen? I have yet to find out. I've never dealt with wattpad before so I really hope the operators take this stuff as seriously as they should.

I'm hoping something is done in the next couple of days.

Thank you.
November 17th, 2015 at 10:12pm