Home, Manchester, New York, Business

This blog should actually have been uploaded last week, because its currently Friday and I am now back home, after the worst drive Ive ever had in my life. The motorway near Glasgow was flooded and I was lucky not to skid off at some points along with dozens of others, Birmingham was busy AS ALWAYS, and I hit Exeter at rush hour which was brilliant. After working 4 days in a row and doing that drive off 6 hours sleep I got home and collapsed in dads arms, Im still feeling tired now. 11 hours of the toughest driving ive ever done. But I did it? And its not something many people would think of doing, let alone attempting, so all I have to say is I am a f*cking good driver, and I know that.

The last few weeks have been really good, like really really good, and they are only going to get better...
This week Ive had a lot of work to do, ive been doing loads of work on the business plan for the placement companies which has been going well, and that will need to be finished presumably before I go off to New York?!

On Wednesday though Im driving home. Im currently at work, working 5am-3pm, I had the same yesterday. For some weird reason though Ive somehow managed around 8 hours sleep each night, I think maybe because ive just been so relaxed about everything and my mind can actually just fade away quite easily, I have no worries about anything, no girls to contend with, nothing like that. Im genuinely really really happy single and happy with myself, its a really nice place to be.
I will go home and have a workout, doing my back and legs before a small bike ride, that wont take long at all. Once again I need to get another early night because I have a small assessment at Uni tomorrow where I have to give a presentation for 10 minutes, albeit infront of only 5 people, so that should be a doddle, I will write some notes tonight. Then I have work afterwards 12.30-10.30 at night, both tomorrow and on Tuesday. Its a pain to have it on Tuesday but I will try to use it to my advantage, I will make a packing list tonight and then start to pack up until Wednesday morning. Before work on Tuesday I can have one last really good workout before going home.
I will have to come home after work and hit the sack straight away, because on Wednesday I want to leave as early as possible, Im aiming to be up at around 5.30, have a quick shower, have a coffee, and get going for around 6, if I can.

I cant wait to be back home, to see Dads face when I walk in is always one of the best things in the world. To see my grandparents reaction when I meet up with them on Thursday morning for breakfast, they are my inspirations. I love my family and friends to absolute bits. Then I will continue to see friends, Jamie, Tasmin, Alex, Jordan, Josh, and then whilst Im out and about will no doubt bump into dozens of people I know, hugging each of them and having a quick catch up, I always feel so popular whenever I go back home because I do know so many people.
I cant wait. Cant bloody wait. Whats sad is that yeah its my home, but I could never live there again, there is nothing there, no opportunities for anybody and no money for anybody, its a shame... But never forget where your home is or what your background is because that will always be part of you.

My love for a manchester based band, the courteeners has grown massively over the past couple of years, so me and James have decided to go off to Manchester next month to see them again... I will be getting the train down on the tuesday, going to preston for a bit to see james, then getting the tram into manchester and walking to the pub and then to the gig, before getting a coach back to preston where James lives. It will be great fun, although I do hope Im not as tired as I was when I spent the time with James in York, that wasnt nice to be constantly dying for sleep.
I do love manchester, the whole vibe of the place seems on par with what I love most, which is good music, mates, girls and alcohol. I think its why I love going there every now and then.
I always say that because I live so far away from all my closest friends that whenever I do get a chance to spend time with them, that it is one of the best feelings in the world, spending time at a table, usually with a drink, maybe some food, talking away about something, not many things in the world makes me happier. Being basically single for almost a year now has taught me to appreciate my friends more than anything in life.

After Manchester I come back up to Aberdeen for a couple of weeks before jetting off to New York on the 20th of December, staying with Jack in Montclair, the idea of an apartment rental didnt go down too well so we are just going to commute in and out of New York, which I dont mind at all and in some way prefer it... I have no idea what to expect, money, obviously is of no concern whatsoever, so I will be spending a ridiculous amount of money, mainly on food and alcohol because not many other things appeal to me. Im a simple man with simple taste.
For the first couple of days I will be a tourist, so I will do lots of touristy things like see the one world trade centre, the rockerfeller, the empire state, the statue of liberty, times square, central park, all those wonderful things....
We are constantly going to be drunk, constantly going to be eating. Although Im not quite entirely sure what to get Jack for Christmas, once payday arrives in a couple of weeks I will begin the process of getting presents for absolutely everybody. I have a few ideas of what to get him, after agreeing on going to the WWE event on the 28th though we said we would budget each other to $50 each, so that makes it easier.
Then its christmas, where I want to wake up, have a nice breakfast, then immediately start drinking. Go for a walk with Jack somewhere, then come back, watch some terrible TV, play some games, before drinking even more and then attempting to cook a turkey between us which arguably will be the best part.
Boxing day we obviously will be going in to the city to look at the sales, which is where i have to be careful and remind myself I have to take anything I buy back home!!! Then the 27th is my 21st, so we will probably wake up, have an alcoholic beverage for breakfast before heading into the city to have lunch and more beer, then I might treat myself to something albeit im not sure what yet, then go to hooters for dinner, before hitting the nightlife.
Then on the 28th we will have a sleep in before heading off to Brooklyn for the WWE which will be an experience to say the least!!
Then we have a few days to cool down before New Years in New York, which I cant begin to explain what will happen because I honestly think it will be incredible. Then a day of rest on the 1st before I fly back on the 2nd......
Sounds good right?

Ive also come up with another business idea, I think its the most realistic and the best one.
Because Im constantly training in my gym its got me thinking, if I did it up a bit, got some extra stuff, why not do one to one, private gym, personal training? I have more experience than the majority of people with Dad being a former british champion. Its something I love to do, its something I enjoy, and something I feel could work.
It could also be expanded on which got me thinking...... I could start my own one to one PT business, then when it gets good, employ a personal trainer, possibly for a split of profit or a flat salary with bonuses, then I would go off to another location in the UK and repeat the process, and keep doing it...
A one to one session in a private gym costs at least £30 an hour, at least.... an example of 5 sessions a day, 6 times a week, gives you £900 a week, and around £50,000 a year, obviously in bigger places you are going to get more demand and you can higher the price a bit and youll have more session in a day. With lots of private little gyms around and my own team of personal trainers training clients, I honestly think its a bloody good idea. It could be taken to America aswell.... People will argue that there is no market for it which is utter tosh, why do you think Sally from down the road doesnt want to go to the gym? 9 times out of 10 is because its intimidating for her, if she had a private gym round the corner where she would get a proper service and proper help, she would pay it, and people do pay it.
I like the idea.... Legislation would be the biggest barrier though
November 20th, 2015 at 11:19am