Same Old Song and Dance

It feels like ages since I've blogged about anything. I've been relatively uninspired lately, and I've been trying to spend as much time out and away from my computer as possible. School has pushed me to my limits and I've been utterly exhausted.
This semester is almost over--thank God. I don't know how much more of it I would be able to handle. I'm literally about to fail half of my classes and ace half. Organic chemistry and I have not been friends since that first exam the day after J dumped me. I haven't managed to recover from that hole I dug myself. At this point I'm going to try to get a C so that I can move onto Orgo II next semester, but that seems like an impossibility. Calculus II is also a nightmare. I'm trying to withdraw so I can take it in the spring because it is also a lost cause. The week I spent sulking and drinking vodka after my breakup really hurt me academically, but I almost don't care because I'm so ready to be done with school.
My family life has also reached new levels of insanity. I try to avoid spending time with my parents because my mom's OCD just sets me off and makes me an anxious mess. I've been trying to work and go to the library, and spend time at friends' houses. I'm not even spending Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, with my parents. They refused to go anywhere and we were invited to my cousin's house. My sister decided she was going anyway, so I was forced to choose between seeing just my parents or my entire family. I chose the rest of my family because then at least I wouldn't be miserable.
I saw J last weekend. We're somehow maintaining a very flirtatious friendship and I want to yell at him to get his shit in order. Instead I just argue that cats are better than dogs and chemistry is better than physics. Yes, these are real conversations that we have. Repeatedly.

I have a lot more going on, but I figured I would post so you all knew I was still alive over here :).
I plan on posting again for Thanksgiving, but in case I don't I just want to wish everyone a happy holiday!
November 23rd, 2015 at 06:08am