Tonight, I Cry

Tonight, I cry for the souls lost in the shooting in California. I cry for the beautiful, vibrant people who don't get to shine any more. I cry for those who have lost loved ones. I cry for the people who oppose changes to the gun laws in the US because they don't think it'll constitute change. I cry for the people who are mentally ill and don't get the help that they so desperately need.

Tonight, I cry for the US.

Tonight, I cry at the thought of the millions of innocent people who will die at the hands of governments ordering bombings. I cry because the UK parliament, my country's parliament cheered and applauded that decision to bomb like heartless animals. I cry because fighting fire with fire does not solve anything. I cry because the intention is to carpet-bomb a nation to rid a majority of a minority. I cry for the children who have been forced to grow up too soon, for the parents struggling to provide for their families and for those who have lost their whole world.

Tonight, I cry for Syria.

Tonight, I cry because I know that there are people being abused for their beliefs, for their skin colour and for their nationality. I cry because the media never seems to show this -- they show the bad and the violent, but never the beautiful, the vibrant and the kind.

Tonight, I cry for mankind.

Tonight, I cry for those who have lost their loves due to terrorists and extremists. I cry because they had their lives cut tragically short by a minority with twisted views. I cry for Paris, for Beirut, for Libya, for Syria, for Kenya, for Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. I cry for the countries that I couldn't lost in under ten minutes that have been affected by war, by bombings, by attacks so vicious and cruel that they defy all form of compassion and human-ness.

Tonight, I cry for the victims of terrorism.

Tonight I cry because there are millions in the world right now who are hurting, and I can't do a thing to stop it. I cry because our world is so broken and crushed that I don't see a way of piecing it back together again. Tonight, I cry because I don't want to grow up, work, live and die on a planet where we have no regard for our neighbours. I'm sick of turning on the television to see news of another bombing, another shooting, another event where innocent people have been mindlessly slaughtered for nothing.

Tonight, Mibba, I cry for the world.
December 3rd, 2015 at 03:35am