Just a Crush

Well tomorrow is my last full day left in Sudbury before I head south to Toronto for Christmas. I'll stay there at my parents place until I head further south for school in January.

Sudbury's been a weird experience for me. I've had a lot of alone time and I've eaten it by doing fuck-all, going on random dates, drinking way too much, netflixing, and doing absolutely no writing. Anyways, Tinder was my only friend for four months. That's a pretty weird sentence.

Last week, I went out with this guy for coffee (from Tinder). I instantly liked him, we left the coffee joint because there were a bunch of children running and screaming, and eventually we ended up back at his place. Nothing really happened we made out for a while, but agreed we'd meet up on Friday.

On Friday I was at a work Christmas party...which involved all of the engineers buying me way too many drinks. I was totally wasted. Tinder guy was also wasted, but he walked down to meet me at 2am and we went back to his place (like a twenty minute walk). I think we all know where this goes...and just so you know...friggen awesome...

So I went back last Saturday night. Sober. He made dinner, we watched a Christmas movie. Laughed way too much and that's the end.

You see he actually works for the arctic mine that I'm going to be working at come May...so he had to leave to drive to Quebec on Sunday afternoon to go catch the plane to Nunavut. And I like him too much.

I hadn't talked to him since last Sunday when I left his place, so I texted him an inside joke tonight. I'm not sure if he got it (we didn't discuss cell phone reception), if he's even interested in talking to me, or if he'd already gone to bed when I sent it (totally possible since they have to wake up at 4:30am to get ready for a 12 hour work day).

It was stupid of me to text him though. I'm leaving Sudbury on Saturday and unless by some extraordinary act of God we meet in Nunavut I will never see him again. Unless I make that happen (which is really tempting if he'd go for it).

Bottom line is that I'm stupid. And I guess if nothing happens in the next four months, then at least I'm back at school surrounded by my friends, included the friend I used to have a crush on (until I moved to Sudbury)...Nunavut could get awkward though. Maybe this is what it what it was supposed to be. One really nice week of hanging out.

If I really wanted to get over him fast I'd go hook up with some random tomorrow night at my last Christmas work party (we're going to the club after).

I'll get over it, but Mibba, what's your love life like?
December 18th, 2015 at 05:28am