My 2016 in a Nutshell

I wrote this on the forum I go on, and I'm actually feeling pretty determined. It's something I am hoping will be the perfect resolution for me. Mostly because of how much I value my abilities. It's kind of important to me because you guys have seen my struggles as a writer.

So, I'm HOPING to became a better one. I want to be able to actually finish something for once. It's always been really hard for me. I get ideas after ideas that they just go off like mines on a battlefield in my brain. :c So, it's always hard to just sit down and focus on a story. I do think a lot of this contributes to my autism and ADHD. My ADHD, especially because my brain runs on one track. If I get one idea, then I have a harder time keeping the other. I get obsessed with my ideas, and it makes it so difficult.

So, that's why I'm hoping to change all of that next year though. I want to be a better writer. I just want to have confidence in what I do as a writer as well. I've been so worried about what others think, and it dampers my abilities. I need to stop thinking of that by doing it because I love it. Not because I want to please others.

That's pretty much what 2016 will be for me. Improving more, worrying less of what others think of my writing, being able to finish something and basically just become well... better at it. If I really set my mind to this too, I think it'll be easy. The only problem though is I feel that I'll just end up the same as I do every year. I don't even know how to improve because I'm self-educated for one thing.

I'm unable to attend college to improve my writing skills due to my special needs as well. Yeah, a lot of you may not get this... but I had a hard enough time getting through school as it is. I swore off on not going to college because it's just going to be even harder. For me, it's only going to get worse. I need lots of help because of those special needs, and I also get stressed very easily too. There's no way I could ever survive even a community college at all.

But yeah... that's pretty much it. :3 I felt like sharing this because I want others to know that I plan on trying harder, especially for the ones who thought I was going to give up still.
December 19th, 2015 at 07:23pm