"Adopting" a Story?

Not sure why this came to my mind today, but I noticed that I haven't read anything on Mibba in a long time. And it's not like I lost interest in reading these stories you guys right, no. I love to read still. So this trail of thought got me to look at my subscription list.

Looking through the list, I noticed that most of the stories haven't updated in roughly 5 months, some even more than a year. In fact, all of my favorites that I always look forward to seem to be "forgotten" or left for a long time.
Normally in these cases, I would clear out of all of the inactives from the list. But through that method being adopted for so long, my list had whittled down to my all-time faves. And I can't seem to just dismiss them so easily. I want to know what vision each writers had for that story!! I want to know what happened to the main character after that last cliffhanger! I want to know if boy and girl get together in the end and if the douchebag character gets karma served on a silver platter!!

I know, I'm not someone who should judge; I have started stories and left them without an ending that I envisioned. For me personally, I read back and I HATE everything I had written. Like cringe-worthy. And I say "I'll fix it. I will go back and fix everything!!" And then---nothing.
So I get it; life gets in the way and before you know it it's been months. But it's not like they're forever forgotten.

But a thought came to me, just a little idea: Can stories be adopted?
Like can a story, or an idea of a story be passed on by a writer who is willing to pass on the story to be adopted by another willing writer? Obviously there would have to be a conversation between the two people, and agreements be made that wouldn't be compromising to either parties.

I was just thinking about it, and the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. But hey, everything is like that inside my head...

So, what do you guys think?
DO you think this is possible?
And if so, would you do it? Either adopt or pass on a story idea?
January 6th, 2016 at 04:07am