Fall Out Boy Show - 25/08/07

So yeah i know i have no stories on here, so i need something right? I posted this journal entry on my Buzznet profile http://shootingllstars.buzznet.com/user/main/ thats probably the wrong html but im no good with those things =/
Anyways, this jouirnal was added about a week or so after the show, i thought id post it up here, so yeah it was written a while back. Enjoyyy.....

It's like half midnight and i cant get the show out my head! A week ago today i was travelling back from Edinburgh after the show and couldnt stop replaying all the memories from it! I started listening to Fall Out Boy back in 2004 but never really bothered to see them live or learn their names etc because i just loved the music, plus i was too young and didnt have the money to keep travelling down south to see them so i had them playing through my speakers in my bedroom. It was my first FOB show last Saturday and it couldn't have been any better!

I met some awesome people there and standing in the line for over 5 hours was probably one of the best memories of the whole night! We were the only kids live and jumping and counting down to 7 o'clock when we'd be allowed in. I went to ASDA to go to the toilet and froze up when i seen Travie, Dirty and Pete being served at the checkout, i couldnt believe it and i couldnt stop shaking! I sooo was not expecting that on my first show to see them in ASDA ! Turns out they are just normal people like us haha! Feel so stupid for not going up to Pete and saying hey! I crossed the zebra crossing right next to him and just stood there smiling, didnt say a word! Im such a fukin pussy!

Still though, it was good to get a smile from Pete as i trembled past him.

Going in was a nightmare, security treating it like a fukin airport, having to walk through gates and so on, but still you can never be too sure!

Was really excited to be seeing Cobra Starship but apparently Gabe wasn't well but Elliott Minor were there, and they really got the crowd going! They were amazing live and we were 4th row back so that was good! When i seen Patrick come onstage i think i deafened myself with the amount of volume i used in my screaming, and possibly the others around me, i totally freaked!

They played Grand Theft Autumn and i couldnt possibly control myself then, that was the first song i ever hard of FOB and i cried listening to Patrick sing it to me in the same room instead of through my headphones - and they're right, his voice IS so much more amazing live - I love the way he changes words and sings them more soulfully live, much better than the cd.

Singing Beat It and Akon took my breath away! That dude CAN sing and he can sing pretty damn amazing! I've always had so much respect for Fall Out Boy, especially when it comes to their fans they put themselves out there and work their asses off day and night, im surprised those guys have time to sleep or eat or even breath at all. There so dedicated to their fans you wouldnt meet another band as considerate as them!

They played Paris, Germany, London, Leeds + more before the Edinburgh show and they put the EXACT amount of energy into that show as they did on their others ive seen online. I was expecting a hell of a show but i knew how tired they must be and wasnt expecting as much as what i got given it was insane! The crowd were insane, Patricks voice was amazing, Andy's drumming was head-banging, Joe's riffs were mind-blowing and Pete's "lick lick salutes" and Amp jumps were so insane they blew you off the planet! I dont have words to express how memorable and lively this show was - for me anyway - It meant so much and will always be a memory in my head that i wont lose for some time!

If you havent seen FOB live i highly recommend going, they put on awesome shows and really make you feel an even greater respect and love for them all and their music!

I'll never stop listening to Fall Out Boy, I'll take their music and lyrics to my grave.

Thnks Fr Th Mmrs Fall Out Boy, your hearts beat for the diehards and the diehards hearts beat for you,

Forever and always,

You own me <3 x
October 11th, 2007 at 11:47pm