Is Mibba Dead?/Commenting/Original Fiction/Etc.

I'll be really honest: I've been away from Mibba for a really long time, but even when I was here, I feel like I wasn't here that long. Most of my readers followed me over (or I followed them) from FanWorks, which is long since dead. Anyway, I don't really feel at home here yet. It was fun for a while and I adore some of the people here, but like I said, I've been away awhile.

I haven't written any fan-fiction in years. What I have written lately has been original fiction, and I don't know if this is really the place for it. I know that there's a category for it to be posted on this site, but it doesn't seem to get as much attention as fan-fiction. At least, that's what it seems like to me. I could be wrong.

As soon as I came back to the site, I noticed the whole comment trading thing. I'm not sure why, but that makes me kind of sad. I don't want people reviewing my work if they're only doing it so that I'll review theirs. When I find a piece that I enjoy, I comment on it. I've never commented on anything with the thought that "If I do this, they'll pay me back!" I get that providing feedback is one of the best ways to gain recognition for yourself, but it all just seems kind of disingenuous.

No judgement here. To each their own. It's just not for me.

With that being said, I started looking around for other forums to post my original fiction for feedback and came across Writer's Cafe. It's free to join and I've already read a few really good stories. So, if you'd like to read more of my original work (if I end up posting anything), my username there is alimeanswings.

I guess the point of all this rambling is if you like what I've posted, it'd be really cool if you'd let me know. Maybe it's my OCD coming out, but the idea that I've got two chapters of something posted without any point in continuing it drives me a little nut. It's either I continue the story, or I delete it. It's kind of like having a huge bookshelf with two books on it... why do you even have the bookshelf?

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. This is all about feedback.
January 8th, 2016 at 11:17pm