What the Hell Happened to Quizilla?

I was feeling slightly nostalgic and stopped by an internet cafe (hella expensive, by the way, would not recommend) to just surf the net, AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND.

WHAT EVEN

For those of you who don't know this, this was the fetus equivalent of mibba. Like Myspace was to Facebook.

It's like I visited some post-apocalyptic wasteland. Who even watches Degrassi?

There are no remnants of the embarrassing stories that I used to enjoy reading. I mean, Naruto, it was the biggest fandom on there. I also remember my awkward pre-teen stage where I'd endlessly watch Naruto episodes just to make sure my stories followed the actual story line. I even watched all Naruto Shippuden back then and kept myself updated with the manga.

Quizilla helped me get better at English because I was just eleven back then and I was still an immigrant and I'd no idea what to say to my white classmates (I used to think a simple "yes", "no", and "why do you even care, asshole?" would suffice back then).

I mean, Quizilla was where I learned that the word "eyes" could also be called other things like orbs, optics, orifice, or anything else you can find on the thesaurus. It was where the hot main dude smirked before, after, or during saying something. Where the main girl blushed incessantly. Where the protagonist is supposed to be some new girl that is way below the social ladder and happens to be model material at the same time.

It's where I started writing, and my teacher praised me for how much my English progressed. But now fucking Degrassi's on there where the quizzes, stories, and polls are supposed to be. Nickelodeon changed everything.

Worst part is, you sign in with either Twitter or Facebook. The thing with Quizilla was that it was an anti-social website.

I would go on, but the internet cafe's about to close. See you later, Mibbs.
January 18th, 2016 at 05:48am