Survey Time

1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
No, but I don't usually read while I'm in the car because I promise it's like when I'm in the car and the sun is out I don't want to read but as soon as it's dark outside I want to read and don't have a booklight. The struggle is real sometimes.

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
J.K. Rowling. There's something about the way she created this world and then goes to explain things about this world and tells the story of Harry and his friends and their adventures together that's so captivating you can't stop reading, and then even after you've read everything you still need more.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry freaking Potter! Of course! 1. The stories main focus isn't about an unhealthy and abusive relationship. 2. The characters actually grow as the story goes on and as you read or watch the characters seem more relatable rather than just characters. 3. Harry Potter is filled with deep and meaningful relationships that weren't romantic, it's about friendship and family. Not about whatever the hell Twilight's even supposed to be about.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
No. I carry a purse which isn't the same thing, but oh well. And I carry well what I need in it. So a pen, lip gloss, chapstick, my wallet, feminine products, lotion and my keys. Oh yea and gum. I always have gum.

5. Do you smell your books?
Mmmm, yes. I love the way books smell. New, old, doesn't matter. I mean I'd prefer they weren't dusty or anything because then I might sneeze but other than that I'll smell away ::XD:

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without. If I'm reading a book that has illustrations I'll probably get distracted...

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight, lol. I'm pretty sure this is the answer everyone has... I actually realized how awful the quality was before I finished the series. It was like I got sucked into the Twilight craze and started to read the books, but then by the 3rd one, I started to read it and couldn't bring myself to do it anymore.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Funny stories? No. But I do remember when I was little and before my cousin's parents divorced and we didn't get to see each other as often, the two of us would stay at our grandma's every other weekend and she'd read us Lassie. And wherever we stopped would always be where we picked up again the next time we saw her.

9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which I still haven't read actually...

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Of course, I do! I love writing. And I'm not sure, I used to see myself as an author but I'm not sure anymore. So for now, I'll stick with just putting my stuff on Mibba and being happy with it.

12. When did you get into reading?
I don't know the exact age I just know I've loved reading for as long as I can remember. I mean I use to get so excited in elementary school just going to the library to check out the next book in whatever series I was reading.

13. What is your favourite classic book?
Of Mice and Men. Makes me cry every time I read it.

14. In school what was your best subject?
History. I don't know what it was, but there was something fascinating about learning about the past.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I'd thank them for being thoughtful enough to get me a gift, then when I had the chance see if I could exchange it for one that I did like at the bookstore.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Maze Runner. I know it's been somewhat popular recently with the first 2 movies coming out, but I don't know how popular.

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I change what I'm writing a lot, or typing up a whole blog full of how I feel or what's on my mind only to not publish it.

18. What is your favorite word?
Tranquility.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Aren't they, all the same, thing? I don't know that I understand the question.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. I don't know how to put into words how fascinating I think fairies are or the amazing feeling I get when I see them in movies.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. Castiel. I think that's enough of a reason.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. I watch Teen Wolf and well yea.

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Zombies legit freak me out more than everything else. I can't even watch The Walking Dead like my bestie wants me to because they freak me out so much. I'm honestly terrified of them. If a zombie apocalypse were to happen anytime soon I don't know what I would do. So Vampires. Because those I can deal with. Which probably sounds insane, but oh well.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I actually like them both, but usually love triangle's only work for me if they're like really well written or I'm doing a roleplay because sometimes they're kind of fun to roleplay.

25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with a few love scenes mixed in! A story with all romance is so freaking boring.
January 20th, 2016 at 05:26am