All My College Babes

I wanted to make this blog for a number of reasons, being in college isn't easy and it can be very exhausting, stressful, and overall damage your health in more ways than one.

So, as someone who is officially a lazy Sophomore in college - I have a few tips I've learned over the years. (I've changed my major like three times woops).

1. Always know when you have had enough. You know that moment when you want to cry when you realize you need to study? That is when you've had too much, when you feel like dropping out of school and becoming a stripper? You've had way too much. not that being a stripper is bad but yeah

To avoid a mental break down, instead of studying RIGHT before a test make sure you study each subject for ten minutes a day. It will help you in the long run. By doing this I have cut down my cramming time and stress levels almost into a 3rd of what it used to be. I am a A- and B+ student if this gives you an idea.

Forty minutes to an hour of studying a day is not going to kill you and if you need to tag on another ten minutes per subject do so but always take a break in between the ten minutes - drink hot tea and no caffeine while studying because caffeine can cause panic attack and worse anxiety.

2. Shower and do normal hygiene regularly. I usually get in a dump when I don't shower as often as I should. So in the end I need to shower every other day. You don't have to wash your hair but shave, exfoliate your entire body, get a regime down cause it can lower stress as well.

This goes for skin care outside of the shower as well, guys and girls alike can benefit from washing, toning and doing face masks. I have way to many skin care products but my skin is in great condition and I feel better in the long run for it! I'll do another blog on this probably later tonight.

3. Eat breakfast before or on your way to class but not before a glass of warm lemon water. A high protein bar like the cliff bar or goodness knows or KIND or LARA bar are only a few of the ones I actually like. I like around 20g of protein in my bars and if I can help it I make a smoothie with protein powder to kick start my day.

Warm lemon water sends a wake up call to your stomach and digestive system, do this perhaps before you wash your face and such and do your makeup so it has to time to work its magic. Then after about ten to twenty minutes eat your protein smoothie or protein bar.

4. If you can help it, when you choose your classes try to make sure none of them are before 9am. If you can help it; because I know sometimes you can't, and then you just deal with what you're given.

5. [url= www.ratemyprofessor.com]www.ratemyprofessor.com] www.ratemyprofessor.com[/url] - this website saved my life. If you can pick your prof DO IT. You can pick the easiest or the most helpful or the one who challenges the most, and then when the class is over you can rate them on how well they did their job! This website is wonderful.

6. INDULGE; meaning if you want that chocolate you go right ahead but also back it up with some time at the gym. I know "ew, like why would i want to go to the gym my schedule is already packed". Bruh, I've been doing 30 minute work outs at home every day (five days a week) and I feel pretty good, my ass looks nice too and in the long run; isn't that all that matters?

7. SLEEP. You need six to eight hours of sleep to function properly. I read study about people who get less than six hours are often more likely to die sooner than they would have if they got more sleep. Your body does so much stuff while you're sleeping don't deprive yourself of it, because we all know that fifteen minute nap before you have to run out the door to class ISN'T GOING TO HELP.

If anyone else has words of wisdom they want to share please do!
January 22nd, 2016 at 04:10am