I Wanted to Do a Make-Up Haul, but My Picture Is Too Big (I Don't Want to Download PS)

a song by Fall Out Boy


Okay, so that's not a song by them, but it should be. Also, I did want to do a make-up haul and I am, it's just going to have no pictures. I really don't feel like taking the time to download Photoshop (also, I'm watching House and I don't want to pause it).

So, for all the Urban Decay lovers out there, you know that Gwen Stefani has a gorgeous limited edition line out. There's eyeshadow, blush, and now, lipsticks and lip-liner.

(I don't plan on investing in the blush or lip-liner. I very rarely blush and the lip-liner is pricey, I rather find similar colors from NYX or using the other UD lip-liners. Anyway, long story short, there's eight gorgeous lipsticks. Two are online exclusives on UD.com, the other's can be found at your local Sephora or Ulta. I'm making two more trips to get the others and one online purchase. Because points are a thing, I'll be getting more than just the lipsticks.)

My first investment was "ex-girlfriend" and "spiderweb" which, on the websites are a sheer nude and a satin red cream.

Super helpful right?

Anyway, I only tried "ex-girlfriend" because I've been on the hunt for this lipstick since the line came out. (I called stores in Jersey City and threatened to dropkick my little brother if he didn't pick it up for me and I found it). It is a sheer nude and it's the perfect color, especially for those who want a tint of color but don't want it to look like you slapped foundation on your lips.

It's the same formula as UD, so it goes on like a dream and it lasts forever and a day. It's not shiny, like lipgloss -- it has a copper undertone and ...I seriously don't know how to describe it, but it's gorgeous. I definitely recommend, however, that if you're interested in them and that's one you're iffy on ...get it anyway. The swatch on your arm is nothing compared to what it really looks like. (Seriously, I almost backed out of getting it and my friend was all, "you're brother is gonna kill you if you don't get it" and when I put it on in the car, it was gorgeous and I fell in love.)

I'm going to wear "spiderweb" tomorrow, but the swatch made it look like a lovely red (not too orangey or too dark).

Just some other tidbits I noticed as a lipstick snob:
- all the colors are gorgeous, there wasn't a single one I couldn't image myself not wearing. Even "wonderland" which was more pink than red.
- the packaging is super adorable
- the tubs are cute, but don't compare to the regular UD tubes. Don't let it fool you though, they're made very well.

The rest (nothing truly exciting, except proof that I'm a NYX junkie and not in a good way):
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Aria
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in San Paulo, Zurich, and Monte Carlo
- NYX Slide-On Eye Pencil in Purple Blaze
- NYX Two Timer Kohl Pencil Liner & Crayon

I work with a girl who wears the lip creams and they're gorgeous, they just need a chapstick or something under to help with the cracking. The lipstick and Two Timer are new to me completely, but I've heard good things.

As for the eye-liner, well, I already have three. I want every color they have because FAVORITE.

tl;dr I'm a NYX junkie, who is splurging on the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani lipstick line. Also, madly in love with UD Gwen and can't wait to get the rest.

Also, has anyone else invested in the line or interested in it? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


xox
January 30th, 2016 at 03:57am