Long Live Octavia Blake

This is two out of the three interviews from my Dec. Giveaway and one of my homies snagged one!


With a badass username, Kendra is one of the most active people on here~ through recommending stories, posting in role-play threads, you name it! Make your way towards this gem and give her some love!

MIBBA RELATED:

Please tell the world of Mibba your name, username (the origins of it) zodiac sign and how you came upon Mibba!
Hello work of Mibba! My name is Kendra :)

Sometime back in 2015, I was bored and on Netflix looking for something I new to watch because I was tired of re-watching the same things and not branching out. So I picked this show called The 100. I didn’t really know anything about it, but I knew a ton of people on tumblr watched it because I was always seeing gif sets and things. And I thought, ‘when has tumblr ever gave me a show I didn’t like, I mean I found Game of Thrones because of tumblr so surely this will be like that’. And it was, the show which only had one season up at the time was amazing. So I ended up watching season 2 and am so excited for season 3 to start back up! Anyways onto my point, I watched the show and like usual felt attachments to certain characters. Which Bellamy and Octavia Blake are 2 of my favorite characters, and then I stumbled on a post by Bellamy Blake and it hit me that I should choose Octavia Blake as my new username. And there ya have it.

My zodiac sign is a Leo. And that’s actually before and after Nasa discovered the new sign or whatever… I didn’t read the article but I saw a post somewhere about it.

What are you hoping to get out from your experience with Mibba? (become known or)
I’ve never really sat down and thought about what I’d like to get from my experience with Mibba. But actually giving it thought I’d have to answer that more than anything I want to continue to grow as a writer because I’m always going to be able to get better there’s always going to be something I can learn. I’d also have to say that when I’m older and no longer using Mibba because I’ve moved onto a different chapter of my life or whatever has caused me to move on from Mibba I want to be able to look back and tell the people in my life then about the friends I made on Mibba. Because even though if we don’t live in the same state, country, time zone, even if we never meet face to face, or don’t go through life side by side, friends you make online are still friends. And I think that’s important.

Sam’s Comment: girl, that was so thoughtful!!! (‘: if we had a Mibba Miss Universe, I’d vote for you omg

Give me a list of your favorite stories and authors! AYE, NAME DROP THOSE PEEPS.
Silk Tea has this amazing story called Thin Skin, which has a prequel and a sequel both which are just as amazing.
Sylvia Wrath’s story Perfect Teeth ft. Harry Styles is one of the best things I’ve ever read!
Better Late Than Never by Triviality = love. It’s this amazing Harry Potter AU that everyone should check out!

Sam’s Comment: What a great list! I will check out these stories for sure!

What is the very first story you finished? What piece are you most proud of?
I have one piece that’s more than once chapter that I finished, of course it’s only 2 chapters long but still. It is called Some Days Stay Gold Forever. And while I loved how it turned out it’s a rather sad piece. And let's see as far as chaptered stories go I’m really proud of Saving Grace because it’s out of the comfort zone a little of what I usually write. I mean most of my stories are Harry Potter related and Saving Grace isn’t. And while it’s a fanfiction I guess since I didn’t change Liam or Zayn’s name, it’s an AU so they’re not even in a band so I guess it feels like an original fiction which has always been something I wanted to try but have always been worried about trying given I’ve always just wrote fanfiction. And the story may have slow updates but it’s still active which makes me even prouder because it has like 6 chapters so far and I think that’s the most I’ve ever finished for a story that I actually liked the way they turned out!!

Promote your stuff! Give me some of your stories and why people should check it out! SHARE THE GOLD, PASS IT AROUND AAYYE.
Well everyone should check out Saving Grace, because I really do love that story so much! And even if you don’t listen to One Direction or even like them, it’s an AU so they’re totally different in the story than in rl.

I recently decided that I wanted to update We’ll Grieve Together because it’d been inactive for awhile but I missed it because the idea I had for it was so good. And it’s basically a post-war Harry Potter fiction that revolves around Aalina Phillips and how she’s dealing with losing Fred Weasley, who was the love of her life, before they really got to start their lives together. And how George deals with losing his twin. It’s a story about two people who lost someone they cared about and how they overcome the loss, comfort one another, and grow together.

Bound by Fate. It has one chapter up atm but hopefully more will be up soon. And this is a story that’s set in the 1970’s and follows James Potter, Lily Evans, Marlene McKinnon, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Dorcas Meadowes, Peter Pettigrew, and Mary McDonald as they go through Hogwarts. It’s a story about how they met, how they fell in love, and how they lived until the first war. I’m actually really excited about getting this story going real soon! Because I’ve had the idea for a while but had to put it on pause while I tried to figure out the best way to actually take the story, and I feel like I know now how it needs to go.

And I have a ton of one-shots everyone can check out too if they’re not looking for a chaptered story to read.

What is one thing you do to shake (I shake it) off writer's block?
I hate writer's block. It’s the worst. Actually when I get stuck in a writing rut with no idea how to shake it off I like to roleplay, if I can find a partner. Because roleplaying is basically telling a story in shorter responses, plus you have to play off the other person, so it helps me look at things a little different because I have no idea how the other person will respond. I’ll also sometimes get on 8tracks and search for playlists related to whatever I’m trying to work on at that time because sometimes I hear that perfect lyric or find that perfect song filled with perfect lyrics for what I’m trying to write from a song I’ve never hear.

Sam’s Comment: I might do this in the future because WB is a meanie

Have you joined any contests lately?
I have actually! I just recently joined Fandom Takeover. Pop-Culture Crossover Edition the other day. I’m really excited about it too actually because of the two fandoms I’ve decided to cross over and the great idea I have!

KILL, KISS, KARDASHIAN! (Bwahahah) Give me a friend from Mibba, animal, and celebrity who you would kill, kiss or see them as a Kardashian family.
hhh!!!
Okay so I’m going to go with Katie aka Killian Jones, a Pigeon, and, uh Dylan O’Brien.
So I’m gonna kiss Dylan -life long dream there-
I’ll kill the pigeon
And I’m so sorry Katie, but Kardashian. Given it’s my last option… -crazy-

Sam’s Comment: Dylan yessssssssssss

GETTING TO KNOW THE INNER YOU: (random questions)

Go to your phone's album and scroll to the 175th picture. Describe and tell me about it.

It’s a picture of a reese’s peanut butter cup next to a picture of man who’s haircut looks exactly like the peanut butter cup. Which I actually only have because I wanted to show my brother… it’s so funny though that I think I laughed for a good 5 minutes when I first saw it haha.

What's the most embarrassing thing you done in your college/high school career?
Good heavens this is hard. I can’t think of anything. I feel like such a boring person right now. And I’m sure there’s something I could put here, I just can’t think of what -facepalm-

Give me two truths and one lie and I'll try to guess which one is the lie.
- I love Egyptian food
- I voted for Obama
- I’ve never been kissed

Sam’s Comment: I’m going to say number 1 is the lie because you may like a different kind of food???????

Who/what is your spirit animal?
A dragon named Draco :)

Are you more of a chicken nugget or chicken strip kind of person? (If you are vegan or vegetarian, I'm sorry for this question.
I’m totally more of a chicken strip kind of gal. I mean I do love nuggets, especially from Chick-fil-a or homemade, but strips are like 10 million times better in my opinion.

What is your go to outfit or article of clothing?
Well on days when I don’t have to work so I’m not stuck wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, then I always strive to be comfortable and comfortable for me is my cropped yoga pants and this blue sweater I have that has mesh on the arm. It makes the sweater cooler so it’s great to wear like at the beach, not that I’ve been to a beach or anything in the last two years, but still. But at the same time it still keeps me warm like a sweater should.

Sam’s Comment: sometimes for me being comfortable > anything

What shows have you binge watched this year?
I actually just finished binge watching Quantico. It comes on ABC and just started recently so I wasn’t that far behind. And it was really good! I’m a little bugged that it doesn’t come back on until March though so I have no idea what’s going to happen next until then. But I’ll live.

I also actually watched binged Agent Carter. Which I know there aren’t that many episodes out yet but still.

And now that I’m caught up on both of those shows, I’m actually catching up on Scandal. And I’ve been binge watching Teen Wolf from the beginning over the last week to kind of refresh my memory on some of the things that happened in the previous seasons.

What was your last text message and who did you send it to?
My last text reads: laughing emoji I love Taco Bell. Two taco emoji’s yum.
And I sent it to my friend Emily.

Kendra, I feel like I’ve gotten to know you even more so thank you for letting me interview you! If you haven’t yet, check out some of her stories! Also, I wrote this one-shot for her, and her lead man is the wonderful Dylan O’Brien so you should go ahead and read that sucker!
January 31st, 2016 at 11:50pm