Great News! // Depression, Shapeshifter (Poem) // Instagram

First and foremost, THANK YOU to anyone who's been supportive of my writing endeavors outside Mibba. I'm not sure how many of you checked out THIS POST on my new blogging platform, but I got over 2,000 views total yesterday and made $4 on writing. My first actual dollars made off of writing! It's not much, but you have no idea how excited I am or how happy it makes me!

**

Second, speaking of my other blogs, my WordPress has got a new post too. It's my first attempt at the style of poetry it's in, which I don't know the name of but it's separated into numbered cantos. It's RIGHT HERE and it's called "Depression, Shapeshifter." An excerpt:

v.

Today it is my lover.
She likes it rough–claw
marks down my back,
bruises. She likes me
to remember
that I am hers.
In the morning she wrapes me
in sheets, envelops me
so lovingly,
tells me
not
to
leave.
I listen. I call in to work,
tell them, migraine,
and I stay with her
all day long


**

Third, I have an Instagram now, apparently! It's going to probably be mostly pictures of my cat and random snippets of poetry (probably my own but maybe sometimes other peoples'). If you want to find me there, I'm just @krstaten.

**

GUYS I AM SO EXCITED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOLY SHIT. Like, for the first time in AGES, I actually woke up at a reasonable hour not because I had to but because I just wanted to be awake. That is such a great feeling I could cry, and it's really just because I'm writing again. I'm EXCITED about writing again. This is such a big deal for me. Just. Wow. So this is what it's like to look forward to simply being alive. HUZZAH.
February 2nd, 2016 at 03:55pm