Suggestions? // To the First Boy I Thought I Loved

So I want to post something to my WordPress blog today, but I'm not sure what to post.

The creative juices just are not flowing enough for poetry right now and I'm not sure why. I have a bunch of random lines bouncing around in my head, and a probably really bad freewrite I wrote at 3:00am a couple of nights ago because I was almost asleep and woke up with the phrase "We were not born shotguns" in my head and decided to write something based on that. I have the phrase "My daughter's first word will be 'reincarnation'" written on my left arm because I want to write a poem based on that. But right now I don't know what any of that means, and I can't write a poem without meaning.

I'm thinking about maybe writing a blog instead. But I don't know what to write about. My blog, when not about poetry, is generally about writing, reading, or life in general as interpreted by literature. Do any of you have any suggestions? Maybe some facet of being a writer or being a reader that you'd want to write or read about yourself? I'd love to hear them.

**

I also put up a new post on PuckerMob today, called To the First Boy I Thought I Loved, which I may not share on social networking as much because it's kind of embarrassing and also because I don't really feel as proud of this one as I feel of most of my writing. I dunno, I'm kind of posting this for the sake of posting something and not necessarily because I feel like it's important. Maybe that's why. I have today off work, so later today I'll see if I can write something better to post tomorrow.

Being a writer is hard.
February 4th, 2016 at 04:17pm