Baby Fever // Lingistic Prescriptivism // A Pretty Poem (That I Didn't Write)

So those are two subjects in the title that could not have less to do with each other.

The baby fever is so bad lately. My husband and I have been going through some really heavy (relationship-threatening) things since the end of last June, and things are finally turning back around so that we can start planning our future together again. And now the baby fever is stronger than ever.

Like, it's all I think about. I've started looking up information that I really have no reason to know until I've actually managed to get pregnant, like tips for breastfeeding, what to expect in the way of budgeting/expenses for a baby, etc.

I want a baby. I want a baby more than I have wanted a baby pretty much ever, and I have been known to have pretty intense and persistent baby fever many a time.

I'm finally at the point where I'm no longer content to say "I'd like to start a family hopefully sometime in the next couple years or so." I'm at the point where I want to start working to make it happen, NOW.

A lot has to happen--my husband has to get enough in financial aid next year that we won't be paying any tuition out of pocket; I need to get a raise at work (I'm fairly confident I will get one in a couple months, and am hoping to get another one in the form of a promotion to a higher paying department in the months after that); we have to be able to find a new place to live that is both affordable and spacious; we have to be certain that we can work our schedules around finding daycare. It's going to be a lot to handle.

But I want to start trying for a family by the end of 2016. No more "Maybe soon." I want it to happen.

++

I did end up posting that blog about linguistic prescriptivism that I mentioned in my last post! And surprisingly, it actually even got views. I wasn't really expecting anyone but me to care about it.

Anyway, here it is!

++

While I'm at it, my BFF wrote a poem that I find just absolutely lovely and I want to share it with you guys. Click here to read it!
February 7th, 2016 at 08:19am