Asian Jokes

So I'm watching Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race and I'm at this episode where Manila Luzon is getting roasted by Shangela about being offensive with the Asian jokes.

I honestly loved Manila's stereotypical reporter thing because it wasn't boring af. It was funny. I think it's not offensive unless you're trying to offend someone. She's doing it in the name of good humor. I don't know why Shangela and her squad should roast Manila for portraying that stereotype.

I mean I watch Family Guy and some stereotypes appear there (like Mr. Wishy Washy I think) and I don't mind. I'm Asian but I don't mind having jokes about Asians. Like I even appreciate it. Because, like I said, it's in the name of humor.

Although I do think the line between being funny and offensive can get a little blurry. I, myself, have a weird sense of humor wherein sometimes offensive jokes are kinda funny to me. Like Bianca del Rio - she's an insult comic and I love her.

Ugh. I can't really explain how some jokes can toe the line of being offensive because I still laugh at them. Maybe it's just that some people are sensitive to jokes like that. Or maybe it's an Asian thing wherein us Asians can get/understand/relate to the joke or impersonation well.

I dunno but Shangela's rubbing me the wrong way sometimes. She can do her own thing but she doesn't want others to do their own thing? That's how I feel about her right now.
February 7th, 2016 at 01:12pm