Back Into Routine, Plans, Working Hard, Valentine's

So this week I was well back into routine, after work on the weekend I had a busy week with uni and placement, mixed with my normal gym workouts to keep my body in very very good shape. The weeks are going to get busier and it will keep my mind off anything else, because I do like a drink and to have a good time with mates. The early mornings for work have never been easy but you just get on with it, working is part of life and people who moan about it do my head in - if youre not prepared to work hard then youve been bought up wrong.
I didnt sleep much at all on friday night meaning yesterday at work was a struggle, today I started at 9, so I slept for 11 hours last night with Rosie by my side - my dog for those who dont know - I havent shared a bed with a girl since October, and havent share MY bed with a girl since last Valentines!!! I have very much enjoyed the single life and as you can expect I have taken full advantage of the single status by sleeping around a lot and having fun.

Having a routine is always important for me, Im someone who could never be doing nothing, unless its the odd day off with a mate or girlfriend if I had one, I love spending days with loved ones not doing much at all, just being in their company makes me happy enough. But at the moment Im highly independent, the only thing I rely on my parents for is food - nothing else. Which in comparison to some people I know is absolutely incredible. My Mum and I get on really well, we are the most laid back mother and son in the world, we understand each other and she is starting to understand my ambition and I think my intelligence has taken her by surprise, the other day in the car she did seem to wonder how I knew so much. Fact is that ever since I sorted my head out last year, ive never stopped learning, I try and soak up everything from everything around me, I absorb knowledge and situations and try to understand it.
Matt is my step dad and we get on aswell, but as a household we are all so busy we very rarely spend good time together, I cant remember the last time we went out for a dog walk or for a meal - which is something we are doing tonight as my step sister is up visiting from back in England.

Its the complete opposite when I go back home in Devon, Dad is always wanting to see me, which I understand, but its annoying. Im a loner, I LOVE being alone and I enjoy my own company more than almost anyone elses. Being around family especially for prolonged periods drives me insane. There are very few people who I could spend all day and night with, and they know who they are.

In terms of my plans, there arent much apart from career wise. I see it as Im 21 now, I look at everyone around me and they are still going out and getting drunk, not working, I want to start working hard NOW.
2015 was my year of fun, 2016 will be my year of hard work.
Until the end of April, not much will be happening at all, I will be working almost the same week, every week, until I finish Uni at the start of May.
I have absolutely no intentions of going home yet, and even if I do it will be to see family and friends again.

In June and July Im going to be taking the Diploma in Gym instructing and Personal training, something that would take the average joe 2 years to undertake at a college. Thats going to be bloody hard.
Good thing about that is that its a full time course and my days at wherever the learning takes place, is on weekends, which means I will be working 2/3 days a week in the daytime to keep myself busy.
In July I want to go to T in the Park, but as it stands thats all it is, there are friends who are going so we shall see what the crack is nearer the time.

In August I dont know, I would like to go home at some stage, obviously, and that seems the most obvious time to do it where I have no obvious plans. Then in late August I plan to spend a rather large amount of money making my gym open for clients, this means buying a tonne of equipment and protection, setting up all the finance lark, and stuff like that... All stuff I would be more than comfortable with. Then its the start of 4th year at Uni, where the course is 5 days a week Dissertation, which means on weekends I plan to train clients 1 to 1 in the gym until 4th year finishes.
Thats the short term plan. Things may change, they always change, but as it stands thats where I am.

I want to start working hard now, so that when Im older and fixated in a comfy relationship with miss.world I can say I do X for a living and earn Y amounts of money, I dream of being that guy that can supply his family with anything in the world. Ive always had a dream that I wanted to be wealthy as a youngster, when I was playing football, I always wanted to make it to the top so I could supply my family and friends with security. To be able to say to Dad hers £50,000, to pay off Mums mortgage, to make sure my friends never struggle for money - that is something I have always dreamed of doing, and obviously it isnt going to happen for the forseeable future.
Ive never wanted to work hard and be successful for me, I can honestly say that, Ive always wanted to work hard, to be successful, whatever, for the people around me and for the people I love, I want to offer them anything in the world when Im older.
Im a simple man, so if Im sitting in a nice home, with a nice car, with a nice beer, watching football, with my mates, Im happy. Millions in the bank would never change that, but it would be nice to change the peoples lives around me. Id be able to take my wife out for dinner, drive that nice car, take my kids on holidays, take my Mum on holiday maybe, you know, stuff like that I dream of doing.
Ive always thrived off making people happy and I dont think thatll ever change.

I see people now going out every weekend and I just dont understand, yeah its fun, but surely at some point in your life you think its not actually that fun. I guess its different for me because Aberdeen isnt my home, if I was back home, yeah, I would be going out a lot more. But unlike almost everyone I know I have no fixed routes anywhere, it wouldnt bother me if I had to move to France and live there for a couple years.
I see people STILL get given things by their parents, I dont understand, how are you supposed to experience life and grow as a person when you are wrapped in cotton wool, being supplied a life by your parents, whether it be money, support, anything like that - it gives that person no individuality and just makes them a boring person. I know so many people like it and you can tell them apart from the working class people like myself and other friends I have. Its no coincidence that all my closest friends are like me in the fact they work their arses off, get nothing from parents, and are completely and totally individual. Its amazing when you think about it.

Its a lot like a relationship as a child, you NEED to experience a heartbreak or two when youre young, it makes you grow up, it makes you a different person and it makes you appreciate things more when it happens again. Everyone needs management by their parents as to when they are going to be almost completely made individual, Dad was terrible at it, but Mum is almost too extreme with it, so Im bang in the middle and I couldnt be more thankful to them.

Its a lot like a car aswell, you need to have that terrible car as a young kid that youve worked for, you work hard to buy something that you can call your own, that you appreciate. If youre given a car off a parent its nothing more to you than an object. My first car, yeah, was absolutely terrible, but I treasured it because I worked so hard for it, and in return I had so much fun with it. The same with my current car, people are amazed when I tell them I paid for it myself, its just months of hard work - it makes you appreciate things.

As you can tell, nothing grates my cheese more than this sort of stuff. Obviously a supportive parent will supply a nice easy life for a kid, and at times I wish I had that, but it makes you more of a generic person. Im the weirdest most individual person you'll ever probably meet and its all down to how ridiculously independent Ive been throughout my entire life with almost always no family and no giving attitude from either parent.

ANYWAY
Valentines is coming up and Ive always said its a time when youre young to have the most ridiculous sex of your life, and when youre older you can be all romantic.
I REFUSE to spend it alone, like last year, I have no regrets. Im talking to a few girls at the moment, one whos absolutely stunning, so we shall see....
I would like a girlfriend, but Im in absolutely no rush to find one, everyone who knows me knows my attitude towards relationships, I would only ever get into one if I thought that girl was the most incredible person in the world, and I dont hold back in saying that at the time, thats what I thought of my exs. Ive always kind of just known when its right, you get that feeling in your stomach and that nice warm feeling, like youve just eaten a really nice dinner. Its weird.
It would be nice to have someone supportive and someone who I can always spend time with, my first relationship was almost perfect in that sense, we were each other best mates, it was amazing.
I do want that, but I dont want it to take the focus away from what I want to achieve this year, and relationships do always make you want to settle down, they make you content - I want that someone whos a mixture of the two, I dunno, Im chatting sh*t now.

Time will tell.
Im really looking forward to leaving work tonight as Im straight off for a meal with the kind of family, which is nice, and then tomorrow I have placement, tuesday I have uni, wednesday another day at work, and then Thursday is my first day off. Busy me, but I enjoy it.
February 7th, 2016 at 02:00pm