I'm Rich! // Stephen Colbert and Saying Yes // The Struggles of Writing Poetry

Guys, I got my tax return today! $2,700, baby!

It's actually been a good week, money-wise. Our tax return came like a week and a half earlier than expected, and my husband also got an email saying there was an additional $1,000 in federal aid that had been mistakenly not applied to his account that they could apply now. So SO MUCH EXTRA MONEY.

I want it all to go straight to The Babby Fund, but realistically, we should pay off a bunch of the credit card, pay off a huge chunk of what I owe to my mechanic, finally take care of what we still owe to our old health insurance company, and buy my husband a (fairly cheap) classical guitar since he's going to need one for school next semester.

STILL. THIS MAKES SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OUR BUDGET THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

My husband is going to be taking care of his FAFSA this week, then start applying like crazy for federal aid and scholarships. I'm still busting my butt on writing.

I know I make it a pretty casual thing when I share my PuckerMob posts, but it actually is a pretty big deal for me--this is currently my paying writing platform. My WordPress posts, too--I'm planning on finally monetizing that blog this year, so every 100 views is about 15 cents. So if you wouldn't mind checking out my posts, I'd appreciate it, and if you are comfortable sharing them with other people who might like them...well, the more eyeballs I can get my writing in front of, the better.

But only if you genuinely like them! I don't want you to inflict what you see as bad or uninteresting articles on people you like, haha.

That said:

On Optimism and Saying Yes is my newest article on PuckerMob. It's based around my favorite quote by Stephen Colbert, which is used at the beginning of the article.

My best friend is writing for PuckerMob as well and she just put up a post called The Struggles of Writing Poetry that I'd love to get more views on because she's my BFF and I love her more than life itself.

So...HUZZAH.
February 10th, 2016 at 07:02pm