I'm Back... With a New Story (Oops)

Oh my goodness it's so been soooooo long. So long since I posted on here. And so long since I was writing something I'm actually interested in.

What Kind of Man is my newest story. It's about Margaux, whose father is a very wealthy businessman and she gets kidnapped by Cillian Gray and his gang. Held for ransom, ya know. Except the ransom they want is not just money. It's something... a bit more complicated than that. Wink wink. Although Cillian is the leader of the gang, he isn't our leading lad. That'd be Gabriel. Who I chose to be played by my current obsession Cillian Murphy (although a much younger Cillian, not him at his current age).

(Cillian Gray and Cillian Murphy have no connections. I just liked the name. But I didn't think it suited the character I'd envisioned Cillian Murphy portraying.)

Anyway, I just recently finished the 2nd season of Peaky Blinders (if u haven't watched it wtf are you doing) and I've just been really inspired by it. This story will kind of be a spin off of Peaky Blinders. It'll be set in the same time period, in England, there will be gangsters, violence, illicit activities, a lot of smoking, etc. I loved Peaky Blinders but I didn't really like Cillian's character, Tommy Shelby. He's just a bit too cold and unemotional. Also, I hate his love interest, Grace. And I think Arthur is annoying. So, essentially, I just liked the setting, the very basic story line: a crime family in 1920's England with Cillian Murphy as the star.

I'm really excited to be writing this and I'm taking a different approach with this story. Typically, when I write, I write chapter by chapter in chronological order, writing the chapters fully each time. With this story however, I decided to say "fuck you" to that method and try something else out. This story I'm writing dialogue first. Kind of writing it as if it were a play or a movie script- since dialogue is what I'm best at. But of course when I post it, it'll read like a regular story. I'm also not writing in order. I'm writing scenes as they pop into my head. It's too hard and too stressful to try and write everything chronologically. If I'm really feeling a scene that's gonna happen in the middle of the story, but I've posted 2 chapters, I'm not gonna sit here and not write because It's not what comes next. I'm just gonna piece the scenes/chapters together later.

So yeah. I'm trying a new writing method. I love the concept of the story. I love Cillian Murphy. And speaking of... I'll end this with some pics of his beautiful face.

Image
Image
Image
ImageImage
Image
Image Image
Image
Image
February 11th, 2016 at 04:30am