Writing Project (2 - 4 of 27)

I really hate that whenever I'm waiting for something (when I want something to happen NOW) time decides to slow down. Seriously, I feel like it's been 6.30 forever and a day now. A whole bunch of us are going to see Deadpool. So, rule of thumb says that because I've been waiting for it for so long, time is just going to drag.

Until I leave that is, then I'm going to haul ass because it's going to go from 7 to 9 in a flash and then the 40 minutes will drag once we get there.

Anyway, to kill some time I've been working on the sequel (the third or fourth part?) of my Next Gen series. Then I came on Mibba and realized I never did more of my "What is Your Writing Project" blog.

For a recap, here's the first one 1 of 27

Is the title of your fic of some significance? In the first question, I talked about how it relates to both sides and honestly, that really is the main reason I picked that title. All the chapters for this series are a play on the two sides (or at least whatever two sides play the biggest part in the fic). It also worked out that all the fics in the series hold similar titles. Like the sequel is going to be "Unfamiliar Champions & Lunatic Rivals" or "Unfamiliar Rivals & Lunatic Champions" – (honestly haven't decided that yet, so thoughts?) The rest of the titles follow the same pattern and they go with their counterpart film.

Is the title you picked important to you? Incredibly, because it says so much while saying nothing at all. I love titles that can easily tell you the whole story if you know what to look for, but at a glance say nothing at all. Also, I honestly hate song titles. I mean they're easy, but the title can only cover so much before it doesn't relate to the fic at all. I also hate restrictions, I want to go as far as I can.

Why did you pick this writing project? I didn’t pick this fic, it picked me. Okay, so real talk. Mariah and Jase are older than dirt. I used to roleplay them on InsaneJournal, but I have a short attention span. I've let a lot of characters that I love die because of that and around that time, Next Gen was wildly popular. So while I stopped roleplaying, I kept working on them. Here and there I would add bits of information, write blurbs – just play with them. Then Steffanee made a blog post for a Next Gen co-write.

I told her about Jase and the fic kicked off (obviously, because here we are three years later and we've done so much with it. You guys, as readers, don't know this, but we have so much with Call to Action, it's insane).

However, there really isn't much of a backstory for Jase. I entered the fic as if you were Austen and learning as you go. Which I did purposely. I hate info dropping, I like learning as I go – surprises at every corner. At the same time, though, it was really important to me that I told Jaes's story. I made some adjustments for CTA (mainly timeline wise, in CTA, they're born very much in the future where in this fic, Jase and Mariah were born while Tony was still pretty young). You see a part of his life that you will see again, because he did date Clint Barton's daughter. The story is different, yet the same. It's not going to be for a while, he has a ton of trainwreck relationships that happen first.

Aside from Jase, I also thought it was really important that I did something for Mariah. Where she was my go-to for roleplay (apparently Tony Stark has a dancer daughter is a popular headcanon), she doesn't see much time in any fic I write. For CTA, she's just there with Barney – their appearance is there, because they are family, but they don't hold much scene time because, why would they? It's not their fic.

In this series, Mariah plays a huge part, something which you'll get to see in the oncoming chapters.

So, as much as I say this fic picked me – which it did – this is just something that's super important to me. I love writing this and I'm glad I have the chance to.

I hope you guys check it out! Let me know what you think, if there's something you want to see or whatever. While I love feedback, this is the one series I'm not harping on. This fic, this series, is 110% for me. Another thing I believe is super important, everyone should have that one fic that is just for them.

xox
February 12th, 2016 at 12:41am