My Dreams Are Ruining My Life

You know the ones. Everyone has had one of those dreams.

And I don't necessarily mean something raunchy but I mean one where you try to do all you can not to wake up just yet so you can finish dreaming... which usually doesn't work so you have to fill in the rest whilst being painfully aware that you're awake and it doesn't feel so real anymore.

I've had so many of these. Luckily, they tend to be forgotten within time as the little details begin to make less sense in my mind and the bigger ones fade away to nothing. I've written some down that I don't recall having ever dreamt now.

And I'm sort of happy for that. They are ruining my life because, well, real life simply doesn't feel like that. Real life isn't as good. In real life, there is always more going on. In a dream you can walk through a field and just be in that beautiful space but in real life it's filled with tiny bugs, your hair is blowing into your mouth, and the grass is itching your legs.

Last night I had one of those dreams.

I had a dream that Matthew Wright of The Getaway Plan kissed me and omfg, it was the best kiss ever.

Like, there were so many weird details to this dream but the main point my mind took from it was that Matthew kissed me and my knees just about buckled. I'm sure my sleeping self sighed in contempt when it happened haha.

For reference, this is him.
Image

There was this weird part involving a strawberry milkshake at their live show I was at, and I remember after the kiss the band came back to stay at my place. And then the following day, myself and a few others had to help them get all their gear to the airport but like... I lived in the middle of nowhere or something. The walk was set in the music video for Safety Dance haha.



We got there and the band were doing some signing thing and I was in line at the end because I wanted to ask Matthew why he had kissed me but these two girls in line were being horrible to me. I woke up before I reached him, so I guess I'll never know.
February 12th, 2016 at 10:08am