Rant About Yaoi

Warning: This blog may be triggering due to mention of rape and non-con sex

Hello, everyone!

These past few days I'd been reading and watching quite a few softcore yaoi manga and anime. For those of you who don't know what a yaoi is, for lack of a better term, it's a Japanese term for slash or male on male anime/manga. There are a few things that I'd noticed when I watched every single one of these yaoi that just didn't sit right with me.

1. 'Mr. I'm a manly man'
Lot of these yaoi that I'd seen have these manly man character who is hell-bent on insisting that they're not gay and they're not attracted to men. But then comes in the other man character and suddenly this 'straight manly man' can't keep his libido to himself. And of course this other man looks exactly like a girl except for the fact that he has a penis and is flat chested.

Ace!

Image

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against feminine men. I really don't. But it's kind of annoying to see the only reason this 'manly man' can't keep his dick in his pants is just because he meets a man who looks exactly like a girl. And he still insists that he's not interested in man but forces himself on the poor girly man who only whines and has really annoying voice (like can't they find better voice actor?) and just basically makes me want to hit my head on the wall really hard.

2. Rape
Okay, for those who are uncomfortable with the rape topic, you can skip this part of the blog.

Almost in every single one that I'd seen, the 'manly man' I'd mentioned above will force himself onto the feminine-looking guy. No matter how many times the guy says no, the 'manly man' will still stick his dick in. And the other guy kind of just takes it even though he repeatedly says no but it's like... *brain exploding*

First of all, nothing should be glorified about rape. Be it penis to vagina penetration or penis to anal penetration or any kind of penetration at all. Be it male on female sex, female on female sex or male on male sex. Nothing. I repeat nothing makes rape okay! Nothing justifies the act of sexual advancement towards someone when they have clearly said no. So what if he gets hard? It's a normal reaction when someone touches a guy's penis! A man can get an erection even if a wind blows on the thing! You can't use the fact that he gets hard after you fondle him (forcefully, I might add) to do unspeakable things to him! And he has been screaming that it hurts and he doesn't want it! What makes you think it's okay?!

Image

And there's this one line from this one anime that I just can't remember the title to that just makes my heart boil.
Quote
"I know it's wrong but I can't help it. He just looks so cute and I have to be inside him.
Anyone can tell me how that justifies his action? *throws hands in the air*

3. The obvious masculine-feminine role
Why?

Why?

Why?

Why must there be an obvious 'male' and 'female' in the relationship? Why must one be super manly, super tall, super muscular and the other one is very small and petite, has that annoying high voice and looks like a girl? Why? Why can't it be just two guys who are attracted to each other without falling into the 'male-female' stereotype.

I think I'm just going to end this blog here. This is getting longer than expected and my original aim of writing this blog is just to let off some steam but as it turns out I'm just getting even more heated and I don't want to start swearing and cursing. So let's just stop here.

I don't know how the Japanese people feel about these things and I understand that maybe it's their culture and these things have their own followers. But I personally just can't accept it. I think I'm just going to stick with slash fanfictions for my dose of gay loving and some fuckery.

Anyway, have a nice day, everyone!

xxLina
February 14th, 2016 at 05:56pm