Valentine's Day

So Valentine's Day was kind of an adventure. My husband and I went to the aquarium at the Mall of America, which was awesome.

First, we met a stingray who had been quarantined for celebrating Valentine's Day a little early and a little too much and making about 60 baby stingrays that the aquarium didn't have room for.

Then we pet some small stingrays, then went through the aquarium and took lots of pictures. Except of the two turtles who were actively celebrating Valentine's Day. I figured they deserved their privacy. You'll just have to trust that it was a beautiful display of romance.

After the aquarium we walked around the mall, and went to this one liquor store where you can sample their stuff. We bought the most expensive liqueur we've ever bought--one 375 mL bottle was $30, which was more than we spent on the ice wine we got for our wedding. But it's DELICIOUS (it's an almost syrupy sweet black currant liqueur) and I think I'm going to get myself a good dry sparkling wine to mix it with next payday.

While we were looking for a place to grab lunch my husband got grabbed by this random guy who "needed a picture" with him. I was kind of scared it was a pickpocket attempt, but my husband said nothing was missing afterwards. Just creepy. But about two minutes later we noticed that area of the mall was SWARMING with cops--not just mall cops, but actual cops--and I got a little freaked out.

We did finally grab lunch at a place called Burger Burger, which was amazing, and where I got an alcoholic milkshake.

[TMI] Then we came home and ordered sex toys online. [/TMI] >.>

It was a good day. My husband and I have been through a lot in the last year and it felt so good to just enjoy some time together.

That was on Saturday, of course, because I had to work yesterday and it was a clusterfuck and I don't want to go to work today, save me Mibba! D:

Anyway, here are some links to some stuff I've been writing or that people I love have been writing. Click on whichever ones interest you, and if you like them, feel free to share them!

My professional Facebook page for my writing projects

To the Valentine's Day Cynics, which is a little past-due today now

12 Signs You're Not a Pet Owner--You're a Pet Parent, my newest PuckerMob post

Weird Things I've Said to my Son, a funny article my best friend wrote about things you end up saying to toddlers

After Birth: 5 Things They Neglect to Tell You, an important article by my best friend about the things that for some reason no one is ever prepared for when it comes to post-birth life

And that's it! I'm going to try to get something up on my WordPress today because I haven't written a poem in a while, but first I gotta go give my mom a call because I've been trying to arrange time to chat with her for like two weeks.
February 15th, 2016 at 06:21pm