A Warning of Sorts to Consider

Trigger warning: child pornography, serial killers
So it's like 3:30 AM and I've gone from a shared post on Facebook of a missing person in my area, to the Beaumont Children cold case (that happened like an hour from where I live, 50 years ago), to one of the suspects of the case, Bevan Spencer von Einem.

In short, 3 kids were abducted from a beach in South Australia in the 1950s and neither their abductor nor their bodies were ever found.

And this blog has nothing to do with that but oh my god, I find serial killers and cold cases so interesting.

What this has to do with was a little fact I read on the Wiki page of Bevan Spencer von Einem stating that he was charged with the possession of child pornography.

What got me was that the child pornography was fictitious stories describing sexual acts between a child and a man.

And it didn't come across as being so obviously a form of child pornography. I mean, I've seen these sorts of things everywhere on sites like Mibba. You know the stories. The teacher/student ones, and the others, where a young girl/boy (below the legal age of consent) is sleeping with someone much, much older, because fuck their parents and their life sucks and this guy is just soooo handsome/rich/mature/whatever tickles a teenager's fancy.

I was hella curious as to what the actual hell this means, legally. Like, have I unknowingly read child pornography before? I mean of fucking course I've read a student/teacher story on here before. One of the very first stories I ever read on Mibba like 9 years ago was a student/teacher story between a girl called Becky and Billie Joe.

And does that mean I've written it before? I mean I try not to be too much of a creeper when I write but I'm pretty sure I would have written a story before where the age gap between the main characters has been somewhat illegal.

Like, I want to know where this line is.

Looking at Canadian law, which is just the first thing that popped up when I Googled the definition, child pornography is "any written material whose dominant characteristic is the description, for a sexual purpose, of sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen years".

Looking at my own state in Australia, child pornography "means material that [...] describes or depicts a child under, or apparently under, the age of 17 years engaging in sexual activity [...] that is intended or apparently intended to excite or gratify sexual interest; or to excite or gratify a sadistic or other perverted interest in violence or cruelty" and "material includes any written or printed material; or any picture, painting or drawing; or any carving, sculpture, statue or figure; or any photographic, electronic or other information or data from which an image or representation may be produced or reproduced; or any film, tape, disc, or other object or system containing any such information or data".

I cannot find any law for America that regards written material as child pornography (in a 5 minute Google).

But this is sort of scary. I mean, I think it greatly depends on the story. I think it would mean (going by my state's definition) that it's smut written about underage people. Like, smut, clear as day. No story line. No other intention to entertain other than to entertain sexually.

And I've seen these sorts of things around.

Be careful, guys.
February 23rd, 2016 at 06:21pm