Remember the Days...

I'm feeling nostalgic. It struck me while I was attempting to write an update and going through the folders of unfinished stories on my computer. There was a time when I used to write so freely and so easily? Maybe easy isn't the word for it? Maybe it was just more fun? I remember signing up for Quizilla in high school. I remember writing and updating stories with such frequency and love. I remember author to reader relationships were open and encouraging. How readers showed love by making banners for your stories and favoriting the stories. I remember the fall of Quizilla and my transfer to Mibba. How I loved the freedom to make layouts for each story, the versatility it gave the author. And for a while I continued to write stories. Updating frequently and even finishing a few tales. I haven't been able to do this.

It's been years since I've finished a story and it makes me sad. I don't post as much and I wish I could. But my mind is swimming with ideas at a constant pace and combined with a full-time job in addition to adulthood it makes it incredibly hard to write the stories I was once able to write. I write everyday but I can never seem to stick with a story or character as I was once able to. I miss the enthusiasm, the back and forth among readers as well as authors. I remember writing one shots with a smile and getting them in return. Those little stories always gave me inspiration.

I just remember so much more and I really hope some of it comes back. I hope that others remember these days as fondly as I do. Reminisce with me. Let's write things that give us joy. Let's interact again. Let's remember what writing was like when we first started posting it online. Let's remember and maybe it will come back.
February 24th, 2016 at 06:21am