Whordan Hopez Chronicles : Hot Bar Guy & Awkward Neighbor

So on Friday nights I'm scheduled to work at the gym 9-11:45pm which is like a sin in some college universe for a young thriving student. My friend Maggie is texting me throughout my shift about going to one of our fav bars, the Brixton, and how I should meet her and our friends there when I get off shift. I'm kinda on the fence about it but my assistant manager convinces me to go.

I'm already slightly dressed for it in black skinny jeans and heeled ankle booties. I'd just have to change my top. My hair and makeup is in its usual state of casual and dressy. I haul ass out of work at 11:45. I live directly across the street. So I run to my room, and start searching for a top. My suite mate, Lexi, is like, "Are you going out?" And I'm like, "Yeah it'll probably be a bust but why not?"

So I touch up my makeup and change my shirt and fix my hair and put on perfume in like a record time of seven minutes. It's twelve and I take four shots before calling an uber and heading for the elevator. My next door neighbors, in true form, are throwing a party. Briefly, my mind wonders if I'll run into Brian tonight but I forget about it.

I get downstairs and am heading for the door and bam. There's Brian. He doesn't see me, he's bringing this girl inside, and I duck like a wimp, and run out the door so we don't have to say hello. I don't even like the kid, I swear. But now I'm FUMING. Like why is he bringing this girl into the building? Like seriously? I wanted to punch him.

My uber is outside waiting. I get in, ask for an aux cord, and start pumping up deciding I'm getting wasted and meeting someone tonight. I text my friend Maggie that I'm on my way. I get there at about 12:30, and literally as my uber is pulling up my friend Jen, who's Maggie's room mate, texts me and says, "Maggie left. Text me when you're here."

And I'm like, "Where the fuck did she go? You guys just let her leave with someone?" So I text her and am like, "I want his address. His name. Be careful. Text me if anything happens." And she's like, "Chill we're going back to my dorm." Apparently it's some guy she met on tinder who met her at the Brixton.

I get into the bar and meet Maggie's roommate Jen and her suite mate Elaina on the second floor. It's crowded AF in the bar so we get a drink, chug it, and head upstairs where there's rooftop access. Once we're upstairs, we're standing by the railing looking out at the city when I make eye contact with a boy.

He smiles and says, "Hey." Sort of mouths it really. I mouth it back. He steps towards me and his friends kind of turn toward us and they're like, "Come here, come here, how are you girls doing tonight?" I'm still looking at the boy that said hey and he's like making this face at me and its kinda hot.

He goes, "What's your name?" And his friend is talking and somehow figures out we're students and goes, "You guys live in a dorm?"

And I'm like, "Yeah."

His friend, who I later find out is named Matt, goes, "Oh let me guess what school. American?" I shake my head with disgust (sorry American students but nahhhh) "Catholic?" I realy shake my head in disgust. And then Matt goes, "Oh GW!? No way."

And I'm like, "Why is that surprising?"

So we all start chatting and introduce ourselves. There's Matt, and Matt, and my boy, Mike. Mike goes, "I don't wanna' flex but we go to Georgetown."

And I'm like, "OHHHHH but you didn't wanna flex, huh?! I SAW YOU FLEXIN FROM A MILE AWAY BRO."

And we're all laughing and whatnot. It's chill. His friends are being super nice to us. I'm feeling the whole situation. Mike and I make eye contact a couple times and do that flirty face shit that happens when you can't talk cause it's too loud so you sort of speak with expression. I don't know but we were doing it.

Out of nowhere the beer he's holding hits the floors and sprays both my friends feet. I'm cracking up and Mike's mortified. His friends are like, "Broooooo." Mike goes, "I'm just gonna' leave now."

My friends are like we're going to the bathroom do you wanna come? But I stay behind with the boys from Gtown. Once they leave I go to Matt, "Where's Mike?" So he grabs Mike and brings him back over. Mike's hanging his head when he returns, and goes, "I screwed that one up huh?"

And I'm like, "I wouldn't say that."

And he's like, "I messed up pretty bad."

"I mean, let's just say you were so dazzled by my presence you couldn't help it."

We both laugh and he agrees with my statement. We're standing close now, and flirting heavily. Things are going swell. My friends want to leave at one though so I don't have much time allotted to stay with him. So I go, "My friends want to leave soon. So you have nine minutes to convince me to give you my number."

And he's like, "Well I'm really quite smooth so I got this."

And I'm like, "Uh huh."

And he goes, "No I'm actually not smooth at all. But I think you're as into me as I'm into you so I have a feeling that you're going to give me your number anyway."

And I run a hand through my hair and shake my head and am like, "Mmmmm noooooo."

He mimics me, running his hand through his hair and is like, "Mmmmm yeaaaaa."

So I go (we'd been talking about his nationality half black/half white), "Guess what four nationalities I am and I'll give you my number."

And he's like, "Okay, I got this. So obviously black." I nod. "And white." I nod again. "Where are you from?" he asks. I go, "Jersey." Somehow, this tells him that I'm Puerto Rican too. And I'm like, "Okay, one more." And he's like, "Mmmmmmmm I don't know I don't know." And I'm like, "Three minutes." And he guess but gets it wrong and looks at me sooooo foregone.

So I hold my hand out and am like, "Phone." He smiles this big adorable smile. So I give him my number and then my friends are like, "We're going are you gonna stay?" And I'm like nope let's go. So he gets really close to me, and I pull my jacket on, flip my hair out, and look over my shoulder at him, "Bye," I call and wink before running off with my friends.

It was exhilarating you guys. I felt like a vixen of the night. I don't even know where all my confidence came from. It was sick though.

So I'm riding that high when I get back to my campus. I hang with my friend and catch up on her night with tinder guy. End up back in my room by two. I tell my roommates about my night and then am like I need mozzarella sticks lets go downstairs. Downstairs there's a deli type place and they do different fried foods and sandwiches until like 3 am.

I convince my suite mate Lexi to come with me and as I step out into the hall, I see Brian sitting on the floor outside his room. I burst out with a super enthusiastic, "Hey!" And he says hello back. We're like what're you doing on the floor? And he goes, "Oh I'm not going back in my room. They all just said they'd vote Trump over Bernie."

And I'm like "NOoooooooo." And so we get into this long long convo about Trump and how he is an ASSHOLE. You know the convo. This convo is the convo you can hear from the mountains really. But we're talking guys and it is so casual and finally normal. We like laughed and it was so chill. I was like BLESS. And then I got my mozzie sticks and went to bed. Pretty sweet night.

Don't know why I didn't hook up with anyone though. But baby steps I guess.
February 27th, 2016 at 07:22pm