Work, Operation, Concrete Plans

So last night I fell asleep at around 10ish, getting up at 4.20 for work, which is where I am now. Considering during the week when I have Uni and Placement I average around 9 hours sleep a night, I dont mind cutting back to 5/6 hours sleep on the weekends, its easy once you get your head around it.

It keeps me busy, and for a student at Uni it keeps me with more a lot money than I actually need at the moment, but its good to save, saving is a good habbit.
The next few months are going to be a bit boring in the life of Jake, but I still intend to keep the balance of fun there.
For the next 3 months Im going to be working every weekend with Uni and Placement sandwiched in the middle of the week, it doesnt leave me with much of a life, but working hard has always something Ive been good at doing - not because I want to or because I love it, but because I feel I need to.

Theres some stuff coming up and some stuff that need to be done.
Next month at some stage I need to service my car, which is pretty easy - its just changing the oil and changing all the filters, shouldnt take more than an hour of time - but will require a lot of swearing and shouting at the car.
In April Im off to a gig in Aberdeen to go and see Noel Gallagher - My mum and step dad are going but are sitting down, so I decided to go on my own, with them, but stood up - once im there, drunk, and in the crowd, I really couldnt care less who Im with, it gives me an excuse to get as close to Noel as possible!
The first 5 months of this year were always going to be tough, a mixture of stuff within every week which means a ruined sleeping pattern, but Im learning quite a bit.

Im getting closer to some of the guys at Uni aswell, they are a right laugh. I havent laughed more in a lesson yesterday since Ive left college. Thats what it should be like, you should be able to piss yourself with laughter and still get a good mark - its great fun.
Girl wise theres nothing, nothing at all, for the first time in honestly I have no idea, Im not talking to anybody at all, I have no interest in anybody at all, apart from maybe one girl - but even then Im not too bothered. The main reason is probably because it would be unfair on me and on her for a relationship, I wouldnt be able to see her much, I wouldnt be able to spoil her much, it wouldnt be very fair for either of us. In a relationship I like to take my girlfriend out to dinner around once a week, see her most days, stuff like that - and frankly with my life at the moment that is near impossible. Im very focused on me at the moment and thats how its going to stay until at least August Id say.

In 2 weeks I have an Operation at the hospital to get ALL 4 of my wisdom teeth out.... Am I scared? Yes. Am I excited? Yes.
Its a weird feeling. I cant wait to get them out, theyve given me non stop sh*t ever since they started coming through. In America they caused me so much pain I was considering paying to go and see a doctor - it was bad.
I cant wait to be put to sleep, I cant wait to do nothing but lay in bed for a couple of days off my face on various drugs.
Im scared that something might go wrong, and Im scared itll take a long time for it all to heal - maybe not scared, but more of an irritating annoyance that its just bang in the middle of such a busy period. It is needs must though. Mum said shed be there whilst im at the hospital. Frankly its going to be a right laugh, Im dead excited, and thats sick.

Ive got the next 6 months planned out.
We finish Uni in May, and in June I begin my courses which finish in July, with my current workplace putting me on a 0 hour contract - which is all going toward my business idea, of which a business plan has nearly been completed.
Mums going away for a week in March, so I might have a few of the lads round for a few drinks and to watch the football. Might have a few girls around aswell - but we shall see. Looking after all the animals, especially the chickens are a pain up the backside.
Then I plan to leave my current job and go home in August for a prolonged period, with my cousins wedding in late august its a good opportunity and a good excuse to go down and spend it with family before the serious stuff starts in September.

I seriously think its a good idea to start trading on weekends only during 4th year at Uni to give me a good start and a good idea of the financial side of running a business. Itll be a good starting point - itll require a bit of money and a lot of time. Its something I want to do though. Then after 4th year it'll become something a lot more serious. I have some serious plans and some incredible ideas about this idea of mine, its excited to see how it goes - if it goes wrong then I have no regrets, if it goes well, then thats good... A lot like a relationship almost.
February 28th, 2016 at 02:04pm