R&R Book Club: Open for Members

Image


(I don't know if this would go in a forum or not, but I'm fine with it being here?)

Welcome to the R&R Book Club (officially named after Rainbow Rowell, unofficially named for Read and Review - works both ways woohoo).

Essentially, these book clubs are RAMPANT on Wattpad, and I thought it might be something worth trying on mibba. Perhaps it'll help with A) activity and B) feedback.

The R&R Book Club is a place where members will join, converse, read and review each other's stories, and hopefully grow as writer's while creating some new friendships. Below are the Rules and Regulations.

RULES & REGULATIONS
1. If you want feedback on your story, then please respect the system and complete the weekly book assignment in a timely fashion. Before the next book can be chosen there needs to be 90% contribution from the members.
2. Activity is not mandatory but the more you contribute to discussing the weekly book among members the more fun this will be. (Either I'll make a blog for the weekly book or a forum tbd)
3. If you are going to be away on vacation or not able to complete the assignment please message me in a timely fashion.
4. A three-strike system will be employed. You'll receive a strike every time you don't complete the assignment. The first strike is a warning/probation. The second strike will bump you to the bottom of the reading list. Three strikes and you're out.
5. Comments should be of substance, and there should be one comment per chapter, for two chapters. At least 100 words per chapter, a total of 200 words together.
6. Only join if you are willing to read others' work. We are all here to read and help each other out. The more active you are, and helpful you are the more likely you will be to get your story read.

HOW IT WILL RUN
There will be a chosen book drawn at random from the group of members. You are required to comment on two chapters of this book with at least 100 word comments each.

This weekly assignment will be posted on Monday. You must comment that you have seen the weekly comment so that I know you're active and going to participate for the week.

The following Monday, I will mark down everybody who has or has not completed the assignment.

For the first pick of novels everyone has an equal chance of being picked. After the first week, your participation and activity will factor your probability.

If you are the first to read the two chapters and comment you gain a point. Everyone who participates within the week will gain a point as well. So the second drawer will have everyone's novel listed twice, except for the first person who read and reviewed who will be listed three times.

If you fail to: A) comment twice, B) have 100 words for both comments you will only be listed once, so your odds are lower. Depending on how well this works, there will be more chances to increase your odds.

Once a novel is picked it is removed from the draw until that cycle of novels have all been read and reviewed.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment.

HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
Some notes:
- We are only accepting original fiction at this time.
- You must be comfortable reading an arrangement of topics, from G-NC:17 with possible triggers. Unfortunately I don't have a system to work with sensitive topics in stories, so if you think you're likely to have problems reading certain stories it's better not to join.

Fill out this form and PM me it to me, please

Name: (whether you prefer to go by a nickname, username, etc)
Title of Story Entered: (you may only enter one, preferably with at least two chapters [you have more to gain this way] - must be original fiction)
Link to Story:
Possible Triggers: (if any)
Rating:

The book club will begin once we have at least ten members.

MODERATORS
saeglopur or Jordan
cis. or Ella

MEMBERS :: 7 Total
pocahontas. or Bridgette ‣ Book
mk ultra or Autumn ‣ Book
nearly witches. or Victoria ‣ Book
decay or Raveena ‣ We Will Go
aubsBook
losing control. or Lizz ‣ Book
Mr. Darcy or Kayleigh ‣ Book
March 3rd, 2016 at 07:07am