A Witty Title About Sexism and My Apartment Complex.

I'm slowly, or not so slowly, discovering how sexist the maintenance crew at my apartment complex is. For a week now I haven't had hot water. I've called about it EVERY single day. Three times I got told, "Well the pilot light is lit so you're just using too much hot water", one time they replaced the temperature control dial on the tank, and today they didn't even bother showing up. No one has outright said it, but I can feel the "This woman is using too much hot water. She's lying and just thinks that after a 40 minutes shower that she should still have hot water."

News. Flash.

I know more than you think I do, rude maintenance crew. I know that just because that goddamn pilot light is lit does NOT mean that the burners are heating up. I know that there could be a sediment build up hindering the efficiency of the tank. I know that the thermocouple could be bad. I'm not stupid and trust me I'm not taking 40 minute hot showers and then expecting more hot water to come out: I CAN'T GET HOT WATER OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Needless to say. I will be going down to the apartment office tomorrow and raising hell and threatening to call a real plumber to the apartment and to have him bill the offices.

It's 29F outside and I have no hot water, haven't for a week. And I'm not incompetent just because of my genitalia.
March 3rd, 2016 at 10:42pm