You Guys Rock | Stuff | Terrible Advice

Big thanks to everyone who posted encouraging comments on my post...I don't remember how long ago. A week or so? A couple posts back. When I was feeling like I just wanted to give up on writing.

I've been feeling pretty discouraged lately. I don't have any intention of actually giving up, but I am getting kind of frustrated because I'm not sure how to get better at what I'm doing right now (both in terms of writing and of marketing). But the encouragement helped a bit.

**

I GOT MOVED TO DAY SHIFT AT WORK.

Do you know what this means?

It means I will now actually see my husband every day, for the first time in four fucking years.

I've missed this so much.

Like, I'll come home and know that he won't be going to bed in an hour, that I actually have time to spend with him. We can just play MarioKart for a couple hours just because. If we want to spend a few hours together, we don't have to re-route two weeks of scheduling errands and obligations to do so. We can just...hang out after work any day we want.

THIS IS GONNA BE SO COOL.

Changing my sleep schedule is going to be a nightmare, though.

**

I've been thinking a lot about the phrase "The only thing to fear is fear itself" and how terrible that is. Fearing fear is basically an anxiety disorder. That's terrible advice. Why do we tell people that so often?

And it got me thinking about other terrible advice I've received over the years, and so I wrote this: 4 Pieces of Terrible Advice We Need to Stop Giving. I kind of like how it turned out. =)

The next post I'm going to make is "Things English Majors are Tired of Hearing," I think. Because...I've got a pretty lengthy list. But I'm a little more intimidated by that one just because if I'm going to reference being an English major in the title of the article, it better be a DAMN well-written article, you know?

Anyway.

Now I gotta write some poetry. We'll see how that goes.
March 8th, 2016 at 08:34am