Never Be Afraid to Ask for Help, No Matter the Situation.

The older I've grown, I've come to accept what's been going on in life more, whether it be my own life, or someone else's. I've grown to care more, more than I used to that is. I used to not care about anyone or anything but my lonesome. It now makes my heart ache to know I could never change my past self. Now I can only better the man I've become to this day and boy I'm quite proud. I've been through hell literally, and I knew I needed a change, I watched other people help themselves, and at the time I thought I could never help myself, not from me or others, not friends or family, and since that was the case I thought my life was a bit hopeless. I had been through so man awful phases and didn't care what anyone thought, and at some point in my life I thought help wasn't a necessary thing. What help did I need? Well now thinking back on it, I know exactly what help I needed, and I was too ashamed to ask for it, but now as I sit here, getting older and to my assumption, wiser.. I now understand that asking for help isn't something to be ashamed of. I've had many cards handed to me, good ones and bad, mostly bad because of the shitty things I've done in my life that hurt many people including myself, and it all started once I fell I fell into the drug habit, a topic I purposely ignored until this point because of my constant reminder of how much of a fuck up I was, but when I got clean I tried to remind myself that I wasn't as bad as I myself thought I was, but as I write this, and as I tell my story I realize how comforting it is to get certain things off your chest, it's a sense of tranquility that I can sit and be comfortable with myself and how proud I am that I am able to take my own advice which is something not to be ashamed of, it's something to be proud of, that any situation you're going through, asking for help or helping yourself to make things better equals a much better life, and a more peaceful serenity. Writing often helps, I've written poems and books and songs just for fun to take my mind off of the many irregularities in my life, which I no longer think about. I know someone is proud of me, whomever that may be, thanks for listening to me ramble and reminder to you that there's always greener grass on the other side of the rainbow. Ciao. ~
March 8th, 2016 at 10:16pm