Beautiful Means Something Different to Everyone...

Beauty.

Common word that gets thrown around by everyone you aim to come across in life. But do we really know what beauty is? Are we really beautiful? How do we know? Do we have to follow special rules to be beautiful?

I know coming from someone like me who doesn't see any beauty in myself, I shouldn't be talking about what beautiful means to me. But even though I don't see myself that way, let me just discuss what I think beauty is;

Being beautiful is something everyone is born with. No matter what race, religion, whatever and whoever you are, guess what...you have beauty. If you focus on trying to look on the bright side, you're beautiful. If you stick up for yourself and know you don't need someone to help, you're beautiful. If you're proud of the way God made you, you're beautiful. Don't ever let anyone put you down and make you feel unbeautiful. Don't ever look in the mirror and tell yourself how much you hate yourself because you're not "supermodel beauty" because guess what, those women you know...the ones in the magazines and on the runways aren't perfect either. I bet you they even find things wrong with themselves.

Fun fact: There are billions of people in this world and only 10% are supermodels, making supermodels the rarest of them all. So don't be ashamed you're not a model.

There is a good saying that I remind myself of that helps me and here it is;
"You know what's better than being a Victoria Secret model? Looking in the mirror and liking what you see." - Liz Mace<3
March 10th, 2016 at 02:18am