Alex Has Three Jobs and a Sea of Troubles (Can You Help Me Choose a Job?)

Yo guys. It's been a while. I know last time I said I was gonna start losing weight, but I started dating someone and he has a hard time telling me no when I want something to eat. I have to learn even more self-control.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about my problems. Bear with me.

I've been working at Domino's since late August. I really loved it when I started working, most people were very friendly and it was always full of laughter. Lately, however, we've been rather shortstaffed. Someone just quit, and while she wasn't integral to the job, she did manage the phones when we were slammed, letting the people who were more proficient at all the other jobs do them while the phones were ringing.

Also, our store got remodeled, so that's sucked.On top of that, the idiots who remodeled tied the wires so that our server is tied in with the outlets the drinks plug into, so it all gets to be too much and the systems crash - sending all our computers into black screen. No orders can be taken or routed during that time. They get back up after 15 minutes and we get slammed with rushes because everyone's order is going through at once.

On top of all this, one of our MITs is pregnant and keeps calling off. And since I'm the only one who answers my phone, I'm the one who gets called in. So I work 5 days a week, usually about four hours, usually with the one manager that I hate working with. Like, he sucks. A lot. Him and his brother are both kind of lazy, but at least his brother gets me out in a timely fashion.

Anyway I applied to some other places because I'm trying to move out and I need a second job. I applied to both Wal-Mart and Sonic (as well as some other places but I never heard back from them) and both places hired me. On the spot. It sounds like they really want me to take a management position at Sonic.

Both are really good opportunities. I want to take both, I've already put in my two at Domino's, but I might not be able to work both of them. Wal-Mart is crappy at scheduling, and you can't ever call off. Unless I can get Sonic and Wal-Mart to work around each other, I'm probably going to have to drop one. Which really fucking sucks.

I don't know which to take. Obviously I'm gonna have to stay at Domino's, which my manager said as long as I let her know before my two weeks are up I can remain there (they really need me anyway). Plus Domino's is really good at working around other schedules, so it'll work best wherever I go.

Wal-Mart says they want to work around my schedule, but my boyfriend's sister works there and she says they're absolute shit at it. Also, they require for you to put in for time off weeks in advance, and "going to a concert," probably isn't a good enough reason to not work.

Sonic and Domino's seems the best choice right now. If I talk to Melissa, they'll probably promote me to MIT, because they can't have Amber doing it and John G doesn't have reliable transportation.

But I really don't want to work in food. I want to go into Retail, and I don't really wanna work at Domino's.

This all sucks. A lot. What should I do?

That's not even all of my troubles.

I took my car in for an oil change and I was told the treads on my tire are showing and that I should probably get a new one. (Talk about expensive.) I told them I'd do it soon but I didn't have the money right now, and then the next day my tire skidded and I almost hit another car. (It doesn't help how fast I was going when I turned... I'm so lucky I didn't crash.)

Then, a few hours later, after it had been raining for a while (idk how long, I was inside Wal-Mart for orientation), I skidded again. Luckily, no one was around for me to crash into. I was terrified of driving my car again, so my boyfriend let me drive his truck to work.

After I got off work we picked up my car and it was pulling really hard to the right. My boyfriend (who was driving cause I was scared) pulled into a gas station to put air in the tire and after he put air in he pulled up to a pump so I could put gas in the car, and I noticed that the tire was already looking flat again.

So I texted my mom saying I needed a new tire, and she told me to have my dad pay for it and she'd pay him back when she got home, and now Bucky is in the shop getting new tires and an alignment check.

And apparently he needs an alignment, according to the text my dad just sent me.

Other troubles I'm having include trying to move out and having nowhere to go, no money to move out with, and being unable to keep my car if I do move out. Also, my boyfriend wants to go work 80 hour weeks at a school in the town up the mountain, meaning I'll never see him. He wants to do it because it'll pay him a lot, and while I don't wanna tell him he can't do anything, I really don't want him to do that.

And on top of everything, my family is stupidly overbearing.
March 12th, 2016 at 11:18pm