Goodbye, Tattoo Virginity.

My tattoo virginity has been lost. Finally.

After years of drawing all over my arms, I finally got a tattoo! I got it on Saturday and it's been a while since I've made a blog so why not come back with awesome news, right? But yeah, my godmother has gotten a lot of tattoos so I went to her to help me find someone so she got her friend to do it and here it is:

Image

So technically I got two tattoos. I got Paramore's three bars logo and the flower of life aka the symbol used on Bring Me the Horizon's album Sempiternal. Everyone knows how much these bands mean to me and how much they saved my life. The albums they released in 2013 helped me through one of my lowest points in life and I wanted them on my arm to show that they've healed me. I used to self-harm (it's been about 5 years since I've cut myself) and I was close to doing it again in 2013 but their music reminded me that I'm really not alone and I'm stronger than my demons (was that a halsey reference aliya). I no longer feel the need to cut and instead of scars on my arm I now have beautiful ink.

I originally had another design in mind where the three bars symbol was in the flower of life but it wouldn't have worked out on skin compared to paper. Also I realized that both symbols needed to be represented in their entirety and I like it so much better this way. It ended up being bigger and still told my story. Also it didn't hurt that much and I was pretty much smiling through the whole session since I was so happy I finally got it.

I love it so much and I've been staring at it for the past three days now. I'd also like to say that this further solidifies me as the Hayliver Momma forever and ever.

Love you all!

Image

Deuces.
March 15th, 2016 at 06:05am