Cliche

I've been talking to a close friend of mine about fics we like to read and write, and I always answer with cheesy romance. She's branched out to crime and drama, and it's a trend I've noticed here and a lot of other places.

Then, I look at my stuff and I'm like 'Jesus, I am a cliche, and everything I write is a cliche!' Then I get to feelin' like I'm not a diverse enough writer, because all I write is el oh vee e, and it bums me out sometimes, 'cause I'd love to write some of that stuff! I mean, I love watching it, it's practically all I watch. Writing it would be dope, too.

But, honestly, at the same time, cheesy fuckin' romance and feel good or heartbreaking stories about two peeps falling in love with each other is just. It's what I like, ya know? And if people don't like it oh well, I guess. There's a market out there for it, even if it's shrinking. I will single-handedly carry this genre if I have to.

Joking, obviously.

One of my fav quotes is "I either write when I'm falling in love or falling apart" and that's how I feel. I channel my heartbreak and ache and swells into my writing. And if it's cliche, so be it, dammmmmmmmit.

Sorry if this is all over the place, bee tee dubz. I'm riding a romance high from my boo, and my thoughts are a-scattered. You couldn't use a compass to navigate this brain, baby.
March 20th, 2016 at 07:53am