TBR Challenge Update #2

Hello there dear fellow Mibbians and readers here I am again! Back with an update to my TBR books and how well I am going with it and how my read 5 and but 2 challenge is going.

Well the truth is I went to the city in late February and to be honest I couldn’t help myself I had to by some books because… Dymocks…. and NEW BOOKS! so my read 5 and buy 2 was broken because I bought like ten. But since then I have been doing alright. I am quite proud of myself.

Any way here are the books I have read since my last blog about my TBR.

1.Image
The Convent - Maureen McCarthy
So this is an Australian book that tells the story of four women who are all connected to an old convent, it flips between all of them, Sadie, Ellen, Cecilia and Peach. It tells how they are all related and how the convent was included in each of their lives. Sadie is Ellen’s mother looses Ellen to the convent, Ellen grows up in the convent before leaving and starting a family, Cecilia being her daughter. Cecelia becomes a nun for ten years and when she leaves she falls pregnant Peach and ends up giving her up for adoption and Peach at age nineteen gets a job in a cafe that is found in the convent.
Okay this book took me forever, it took up all of February purely because I found it so slow paced and kinda boring, and to be honest it is very difficult for me to find a slow paced and boring book for me but I managed to find it. So no this hasn’t been my favourite book so far this year.

2.Image
Changers - T. Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper
This book wasn’t what I expected.
It is about a boy who goes to sleep a boy but wakes up a female. Now I simply thought it was some sort of karma, magic trick thing but no to my surprise there was more to it. Ethan is a Changer, a race of people who change when they enter the first year of high school and continue to change until they finish. In this one Ethan becomes a female with the new identity named Drew. It is all about everything he has to go through and finding out why he has now become a female.
It was a great book, it was surprisingly different to what I was expecting it started off being a light hearted story but soon developed into something more serious with some serious issues! Such a great novel I recommend it highly.

3.Image
Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine
Okay so I loved this movie when I was younger! It was one of the best movies so when I saw that it was a book I knew I had to get it because I wanted to see if it was better.
It was an okay book it was different to the movie, there are some similarities but majority of it is different and the truth is I am not 100% sure I know how I feel about this book. maybe if I had read it before seeing the movie I may have enjoyed it more but for now it was just okay… however there were some very cute parts in it that I loved.

Anyway that is all I have for this blog

What are you all reading at the moment? Is there anything you reckon I should check out I would love to know.

Until next time.
Cheers Esther :)
March 23rd, 2016 at 01:03pm