The First Blog Entry

So this is the very first blog post I'm writing. I don't know what to say really, other than I should probably just introduce myself. So here goes:

Hi there! My name is Samantha. I'm 21 years old, and live in Essex, England. Rather non-typically of an Essex girl, I am a brunette, not blonde; I am pale, not orange; I care more about my intelligence than my looks; and all my hair is my own, as are my nails. I do, however, fill in my eyebrows, so I suppose that fits the stereotype somewhat.

Currently, I'm studying Geophysics, the study of the physics of the inner earth, at UEA in Norfolk. This includes the study of volcanic processes and earthquakes, which is my specialty, and I am set to embark on a wonderous year of teacher training to become a Geography teacher over the next year, which I'm certain will be fraught with peril.

In terms of hobbies, mine are unusual, at least for a 21 year old girl with career prospects. I vlog on Youtube, I play excessive video games, and I'm stuck in an infinite loop of re-reading through the Harry Potter series again and again. You could say I'm unsociable, as evidenced by my having hobbies that don't involve going outside and integrating, and that would be totally true. This is why I have decided to express my thoughts and feelings on a blog, rather than containing them in my little Essex brain.

Image

So this is me, at 21, on the 29th of March 2016. Let's see if I can maintain this for longer than a week.
March 30th, 2016 at 12:50am