Kinda Disappointed. Low-Key.

Image

Hello!

I can't believe how busy I've been lately omg. It's kind of an uneven ratio of 'bittersweet'...if that makes sense. More sweet than bitter. I love being busy and not having cabin fever or a major case of FOMO, but I'd also like to have a little bit more time to myself - to write, to read, to binge-watch something on Netflix, to sit down and listen to all those new albums that I've been stalling to listen to (Kendrick Lamar, Alessia Cara, The 1975, Bryson Tiller, etc).

I'll be fine, though. I have absolutely no complaints about my schedule. I'm so blessed tbh.

Anyways lol, that's not why I'm writing this blog. I'm writing this blog because: as many of you know, I started a contest back in February called Choose Your Zodiac Challenge.

The original deadline was March 25th, but several people asked for extensions so I decided to extend the entire thing to April 2nd. I'm a little disappointed now, though - hence the title of this blog - because I only had 12 spots open for this contest, however, I received way more than 12 people who wanted to enter. So in February, I chose the first 12 that commented and the remaining people were turned down. The problem is...six contestants (possibly 7-8) have not been able to submit their stories by the new deadline, which makes me feel kinda bad for turning the other people down who wanted to enter my contest.

This blog seems a little jumbled so I hope I'm explaining all of this eloquently lol.

The point is, the contest is over now and I've got only 5 entries to grade/judge when I was initially supposed to have 12.

DON'T GET ME WRONG. I'm not trying to 'throw shade' to the people who couldn't submit! I'm not trying to make ANYONE feel guilty at all. I know what its like to be busy, to have life things get in the way of your beloved hobbies, or to just not feel inspired to write anything. Trust me, I know. So if you're reading this and you're a former contestant in my zodiac challenge, please don't take this the wrong way! I love you.

I'm honestly really just disappointed in myself for not delegating properly enough. Perhaps the prompts I gave weren't motivational enough for a short story? Idk. This is my very first time starting a contest. Maybe I'll try again later this year.

On the other hand, I'm SOOOO FAR BEYOND EXCITED to finally start judging the entries that have been submitted. I've peeked at a few of them already, but I'll let my remaining contestants know when my official 'judging mode' will kick in! Soon, I promise.
April 3rd, 2016 at 11:34pm