A New Writing Contest? | I Was Too Damn Shy in Jr High School (Story Time With Calli)

So, I was thinking of starting another writing contest, this one would be based on missed opportunities, so... something that happened a number of years ago that when you think about it now, it was an opportunity that you wished you took and maybe see what it would have done to your life.

OKAY STORY TIME.
(I had a dream about old classmates, so I thought about the past)

Oh boy, I had so many 'chances' in Jr High* that makes me sad just thinking about it now. I'm Native American, and it wasn't until I was about 9 years old that we moved out of the reservation and into the "white world" to get a better education. And it was a whole different world for me, so I was shy, I struggled a lot in school and that didn't help my timidness, but I made it through Grade 5 and 6 and then we went into Jr High.

And during my first year, we had this new kid that started a little late, and he was cute. He was outspoken and all that. And then in English class he sat in front of me, like facing me (because the desks were in groups of four) and he asked me out, IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS. This girl who sat beside him looked at me like 'omg what are you gonna say' and since I'm shy af I ignored him at first, but then he asked again and I said no. And he asked a couple of more times, and my answer was still the same.

Afterwards when school was over I was walking through the halls to the school entrance to leave, and then I hear a 'Hey!' I turn around and it's him and his friend. His friend was smirking, like... ugh. (I've known him since 6th Grade) so I was like 'oh god.' And then he called again, and I kind of just... ran away. Image Image UGH, SECONDHAND EMBARRASSMENT. But I do remember that I regretted ignoring him and saying no. I should've just said yes. That might've helped me get out of my shell, but nope. I was too damn shy.
* Jr High School in Canada is Grades (7-9) Ages 12-15.
So, what do you think? Should I make the contest?

Image
April 6th, 2016 at 06:01am