Happy Birthday Me Make-Up Haul

ALRIGHT SO! It was Shopper's Day, so I got myself 200$ in free make-up, it was also my birthday yesterday so I picked up my free Sephora gift and some stuff my friend and sister gave me (MAC lipstick, they're the best)

This Shopper's Haul was so much harder than the last one. Mostly because I was dealing with things that were so expensive, I knew I needed concealer, but then I was left to deal with contouring, eyeshadow, lipstick and blush.

Without further a due, we shall begin!

Image

This is the overview of all the free stuff I got at Shopper's. Some of these items were big ticket, like the Naked Smokey palette and the Stila contour kit. Either way, I'm super happy with all of these purchases, and because I bought them last Saturday I've had some time to use them and think about them :)

1. Urban Decay Concealer.
Image
I'm officially a huge fan of this. I will never go back to any other kind of concealer (Sorry Tarte!). I like that this stuff is thick and non-budging, and that it's light enough to double as my highlighter. It also seems like you get a lot more product then my beloved tarte stick, and because it's a thicker forumla it's going to last longer.
I highly recommend.

2. Urban Decay Naked Smokey (Duh)
Image
I shouldn't actually say 'duh' because I seriously debated this one. I was obsessed with the colours, so badly, but I was also pretty interested in this other pallette by Stila which contained all matte colours. I'm a huge fan of matte. HOWEVER I am still a huge fan of this. I am soooooo happy I got it. It has the nicest shades of purple and grey, honestly it's unreal. Another super amazing thing is how nice the packaging is. That was my only problem with Naked 2, it seemed like the contained was so cheap.

3. Stila Liquid Lipstick and Smashbox Lip Plumper
Image
These things are put together because it took me a long time to choose them. They're not particularly expensive separately, but I was super nervous. I have very thin lips, and I was afraid that this liquid lipstick wouldn't go well. That and I really wanted the water colour blush. But Alex was pretty much like, if you don't get it you'll die. So I let the sales woman talk me into the lip plumper...which actually works! I just wish it lasted longer. The Stila lipstick does stay on forever, but the lip plumber fades after a few hours. It stings too, but beauty hurts.

4. Stila Contour Kit
Image
I LOOOOOVE that this thing only comes with two colours, and it's not powder. I honestly just find powder to look fake on my skin. The only complaint I have about this, is that I wish the highlight colour was lighter. Because it's literally just the colour of my skin. I feel like this contour colour just looks so natural on my skin, and while some people say that you get too much product and you can't blend it, I did not have this problem. I'm using my UD contour brush, not the Stila one (WHICH COSTS AS MUCH AS THE ACTUAL MAKEUP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD) and I find it works really well to set with the UD bronzer afterwards.

ALRIGHT, now onto the birthday stuff!

5. Marc Jacobs Sephora Beauty Insider
Image
Admittingly, I haven't tried the lipstick yet. I've never worn anything from Marc Jacobs, so it'll be nice to try. I wore the eyeliner today. It's nothing special.

6. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Image
Another Alex recommendation! I tried this today and I really liked it! It's super creamy, and a little goes a long way. I wasn't super worried about primer, because I don't have an oily skin problem or large pores -- it does make quite a bit of difference though.

7. MAC Lipstick
Image
Two colours! The one on the left was from my friend Tiffany, and it's in this super pretty colour called Super Nova that has a bit of sparkle to it! It's part of the newer mineralize brand, and I really like how it feels. Because it's a nude colour, when I wore it today I had to constantly reapply. The other colour my little sister gave me and its in Viva Glam II. I really like that this is a richer brown-red colour! It's different from the rest of my colours, and I'm really looking forward to wearing it.

Top Rec's
1. UD Concealer
2. Stila Contour
3. Naked Smokey

What're your favourite products lately? :)
April 14th, 2016 at 03:21am