Stop making fun of Twilight 2k16

Honestly, I thought with all the kinkshaming that we could do to fifty shades of grey, I didn't even think anyone would touch Twilight anymore.
Not only is Twilight no longer relevant enough now to be joked about, it was good enough when it was relevant to not deserve that.
Sure it could've been better, but me and my twilight forever DVD box set will be the first to say it was still gosh darn good.

The love story was messy for a while, but let me reiterate; fifty shades of grey deserves the shame a lot more.
Some may say Edward was emotionally abusive, but did he continue after a safe word was said like the dude from fifty shades.
(Also I'd like to note that I never read fifty shades because I'm only 14, but my mom even said it gives BDSM an unhealthy connotation, and she loves those darn books)

Anyways,
Think Twilight shaming doesn't still happen?
My band director was making sparkly vampire jokes today.
Who else is with me on the fact that a vampire should be up to author interpretation?
If I wrote a book and said vampires had purple skin and only drank mermaid's blood, would anyone even bat an eye? Probably not.
I get the feeling that Twilight's sparkly vampire interpretation is so shit upon because it's aimed at teenage girls, really.
April 14th, 2016 at 06:15am