Sibling Bonding?

Its almost summer, and with that comes a lot of free time, naturally.
I always fill my summer, of course.
I go to sleep away wilderness camp, which is definitely one of my favorite things in the world, and i have my music lessons, and this is my first summer where i'll be going to band camp.
But, even with all that on top of hanging ou twithfriends and stuff; empty time is inevitable.

Last summer was the first summer where on top of both my parents working at the same time a few times a week (my mom works every day but Sunday, however my dad is a fire fighter paramedic, so his shifts are ever changing), my sister was also working.
So multiple times a week, our house was just me and my brother.

Now my brother is not a sibling bonding type dude. He plays guitar in a pop punk band
Sidenote: He requested I link to his music if I'm gonna talk about him :

Anyways, he's just all around not interested in hanging with his 14 year old sister most of the time, which is pretty understandable.
But, we do have our moments.

He tries really hard to be a cook, and makes his signature 'bowls'. He puts left overs in a pan and melts cheese on it, and then tops it with sour cream. Its actually some good shit, believe it or not.
That may just be because we always have left over chicken, rice and beans, and usually a vegetable.
Anyways, we definitely have our times of kitchen bonding. We also have moments of going in to potato mode on the couch and watching MTV, or listening to music.

So, now that I only have like a month-ish left of school, I'm not only looking forward to my busy summer days, but also my slow ones.
Who would've thought?

Who else has weird and unexpected days of family bonding?
April 16th, 2016 at 09:59pm